DIR-300 Rev B1 as repeater?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
babyj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 14:16    Post subject: DIR-300 Rev B1 as repeater? Reply with quote
I have a DIR300 REV B1. I have been trying to configure it as a repeater for my DIR-655, however I just counldn't make it to work..... Is there anyone who have successfully make DIR300 REV B1 to work as a repeater?

Highly appreciate any help.
Sponsor
babyj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
is there anyone who can answer me? Sad
Borage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Exactly what are you trying to do? If you are trying to create a wireless bridge between two LAN:

1. Set your DIR-655 in AP mode.
2. Set your DIR-300 in Client Bridge mode.
3. Disable DHCP Server in one router.
babyj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for the reply.

what I am trying to do is that I wana use my DIR 300 to expand the range of the internet.

My original router is the DIR-655 and it is using the original firmware. I did not tweak anything from it. It is working just fine.

Now I got this DIR 300 for free so I am trying to link it with the DIR 655 wirelessly. I tried plenty ways however it just won't work. Is there a more specific way to link them? I search the entire forum and wiki the working DIR 300 are all broadcom or atheros chip.

Please help thanks.
babyj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
by the way, there is no client bridge mode in the wireless setup option.

The available options are ap mode, client mode, repeater mode repeater bridge mode.

Thanks
Borage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems that the Client Bridge feature is missing in Ralink based firmware versions of DD-WRT. I run the emulator for DIR-655 on their homepage and there is no WDS feature in this router. I'm sorry, but you need Client Bridge to achieve what you are trying to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: