Wrt54GL v1.1 PPTP server, memory, max clients...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
frogman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 13:13    Post subject: Wrt54GL v1.1 PPTP server, memory, max clients... Reply with quote
I have enabled the PPTP server option and it is working. I have installed DD-WRT v24-sp2 vpn firmware. Now I am interested how meny clients can be hooked at once. Now I have hooked two clients and the memory status is free 840 kB / 13004 kB (up to 7%). Is this enough for say 10 clients at once, but the traffic will not be always initiated from all of them. How many vpn clients is max on this router by your experince. And if someone has some pointers on how to setup the routing subnets so I can ping and use dns names inside the vpn lan for all locations.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 13:24    Post subject: Re: Wrt54GL v1.1 PPTP server, memory, max clients... Reply with quote
frogman wrote:
I have enabled the PPTP server option and it is working. I have installed DD-WRT v24-sp2 vpn firmware. Now I am interested how meny clients can be hooked at once. Now I have hooked two clients and the memory status is free 840 kB / 13004 kB (up to 7%). Is this enough for say 10 clients at once, but the traffic will not be always initiated from all of them. How many vpn clients is max on this router by your experince. And if someone has some pointers on how to setup the routing subnets so I can ping and use dns names inside the vpn lan for all locations.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes...you should be able to run 10 clients. Combine the Free memory...with the Cached memory...this is the true amount of memory that is available for your router to use.

You will notice it fluctuates up and down depending on the resources the router requires at any given time.

redhawk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks man for the fast and great reply Very Happy In some time fruther I will draw here a location map with the devices so you can give me some more pointers. Now I am interested in commands to disable pptp encryption at all to help up the bandwith. And the routing concept in practice for the dns names in other locations. Thanks once again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: