Can DD-WRT allow open NAT for 4 360's?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
cxk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 23:53    Post subject: Can DD-WRT allow open NAT for 4 360's? Reply with quote
I've seen people refer to problems/resolutions with two 360's NAT issues. I've got 4 360s in use my house. They are used with Media Center for our primary tv use and of course for gaming also. I'm fed up with crappy routers and someone suggested I try to use dd-wrt on my old wrt54g. The only routers ive ever had give me open NAT on all 360's was Netgear routers. But, Netgear routers appear to not be able to operate properly for me. The wireless craps out, the router needs resetting and so on. Anyone tried 4 360's on one dd-wrt router?

Dont know if this matters, but heres a list of stuff that would be connected to the router. I've also been wondering if maybe I'm putting too much on these store bought routers?

Wireless:
2 Laptops
2 HTC EVO's
1 Iphone 4
1 ipod touch

Wired All running through a 16 port Netgear switch:
3 Desktops
1 Media server PC used to stream all my home's TV through Media Center
1 Business server that has an employee logged into with logmein from 8-5 mon-fri
1 PS3
4 Xbox 360s (one of my biggest issues as far as NAT goes!) used for gaming and Media center extenders.
1 Security camera system w/ remote viewing
1 HD Home run to aid in recording, not using any internet
1 Blu-ray player
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85816

The solution is in the last couple of pages. I suggest you read the complete thread.

Depending on exactly which wrt54g you have, it may not have the horsepower for your setup.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85816

The solution is in the last couple of pages. I suggest you read the complete thread.

Depending on exactly which wrt54g you have, it may not have the horsepower for your setup.

Thanks for the info. Its kind of funny, I've talked with someone who works directly with the Xbox Live servers, who also has several 360's and he says any router with the windows logo or Xbox Live logo is said to work fine with up to 4 xbox 360's. That apparently is not the case with some routers.

As far as a router with enough power goes, could you suggest one I should look for. I also have a wrt54gs2 but I'm a little afraid to mess around with that one since its the router I'm currently using.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: