WNDR3300 - Cannot connect Wireless "A"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
eric_ptek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 17:40    Post subject: WNDR3300 - Cannot connect Wireless "A" Reply with quote
I bought a refurbed 3300 from Newegg and got it last night.

I flashed it first with the intro file mentioned then with the standard bin.

I disabled the 2nd(B/G) radio and set the first radio to Mixed.

I have a static IP, DHCP comes from my server so once I set those I tried to connect my laptop.

My laptop has a Intel Pro 3945ABG card in it. If I set the router to A only it connects but at 54mbps.

If I set the laptop to A only it can't find the router at all.

I remember reading something about having to have a certain level of wireless security for A/N to work, but can't find the post now.

I have it set to WPA Personal and TPIK.

I have a total of 4 wireless devices in the house, 2 of them G only, 2 of them A/B/G so I'd like to use the fastest possible.

I'll eventually get an N card for the laptop but figured I'd like to take advantage of A if possible.

Thanks
Sponsor
yzy-oui-fi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
ABG device only accept :

802.11b ->11mbps
802.11g ->54mbps
802.11a ->54mbps

So you could not get higher with this device.

If you want to go as fast as actualy possible you should use an ABGN device and set it to 802.11a + n which will allow connection under 100mbs (270 mbps max)

DD-WRT WDS MESH + DASHBOARD (fr), DD-WRT network setting tool (tools.yzy-oui-fi.com), Wifi Business and IT guy After hours, My Blog, Free DD-WRT VPN Community(www.wrt-pptp-ww.com), DD-WRT pré-réglés pour réseau outdoor(hotspot.yzy-oui-fi.com), Nouveau Forum DD-WRT francophone
eric_ptek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. I knew the A spec wasn't around for long but I thought it was around 100mbps.

Guess I'll be buying a N card sooner rather than later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: