QoS Rate Limiting Technical Question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates
SuperG
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:23    Post subject: QoS Rate Limiting Technical Question Reply with quote
This is mainly directed towards BrainSlayer, but if someone else knows, please feel free to answer. My question is regarding how the rate limiting works. Is it the case that when you have a set limit, say 2000 or 2 mbits, and if your connection down speed is 5000 or 5 mbits, then all the router does, is drop the packets to keep the rate to 2 mbits for the selected IP / MAC / etc.? Is that true, or does it work some other way? Thanks for the replies.

-SuperG
Sponsor
SuperG
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 22:49    Post subject: Re: QoS Rate Limiting Technical Question Reply with quote
SuperG wrote:
This is mainly directed towards BrainSlayer, but if someone else knows, please feel free to answer. My question is regarding how the rate limiting works. Is it the case that when you have a set limit, say 2000 or 2 mbits, and if your connection down speed is 5000 or 5 mbits, then all the router does, is drop the packets to keep the rate to 2 mbits for the selected IP / MAC / etc.? Is that true, or does it work some other way? Thanks for the replies.

-SuperG

No comments? I am sure someone here has sufficient knowledge of the subject to let me know if this is correct. Thanks.

-SuperG
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 0:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes it rejects all packets which arent out of the limit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
yes it rejects all packets which arent out of the limit

OK, Thanks.

-SuperG
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: