DIR-600 wireless bridge problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
solidus82
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 22:44    Post subject: DIR-600 wireless bridge problem Reply with quote
Hi All,

I'm trying to create a wireless bridge at home to connect my xbox360 to the wireless network without buying the official xbox adaptor. I've bought a d-link dir-600 which i've flashed with the v24 sp2 dd-wrt firmware successfully and im following the instructions here http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Bridge to create a bridge. The problem is with step 7. Wireless > Basic Settings: choose "Client-Bridged" as Wireless Mode, on my router, i only get the AP, client, ad-hoc, repeater and repeater bridge options. Is client the same as client bridged? My primary router is a Linksys WAG54G. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsor
7starz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I use DIR-600 as AP (flashed with DDWRT) and a belkin router as client bridge, similar purpose as u -- connect my xbox 360 and HTPC online without routing a cable.
I just checked the FW on my DIR600, you are correct, DIR 600 doestnt have a "client bridge" option. But according to official wiki, repeater bridge should be an extended function to client bridge.
I suggest use the "repeater bridge" mode. It should be works (I am using client bridge since I have a micro version installed on my Belkin router.)

hope it helps.
bbb_forever
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Repeater-Bridge mode is just like Client-Bridge mode, but R-B mode has added range and capability to add wireless clients if you want.

If anyone is still trying to enable Repeater-Bridge mode (without having to use scripts), try this simple solution:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=60458

If you get it working, post in this thread here about how you did it.
ASappi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:49    Post subject: [DIR-300 / DIR-600] Client Bridge alternative solution Reply with quote
Hi, i've one D-Link DIR-600 with DD-WRT firmware (version eko 24 sp2 13968).

I'he found a mode to realize a feke-client bridge mode with this router and anyone other access point.

This is my home configuration:

and this is how i setting internal logical-interfaces of two items:

The result is that i've 2 different subnets thet dialogue in bidirectional sense and use the same gateway for external requests.
(See with attenction the previous posted images!)

HOW can i do ?

In Access point [192.168.10.1] (with internal gateway) Netgear:
1) Add a route-rule in "Advanced Routing" table:

DESTINATION - GATEWAY - SUBNET - INTERFACE
------------------------------------------------------
192.168.20.0 - 192.168.10.20 - 255.255.255.0 - bridge

In Router (with DD-WRT firmware) DIR-600:
1) Set Router with IP member of a new C-Class (differented by Access Point IP-Class)
In my case (see images) i've choose: 192.168.20.1

2) Set Wireless mode to Client (simple) and set same security parameters (WEP / WPA / WPA2 / ... such as on Access Point).
IMPORTANT: The Client mode must be setted to unbridged, with IP of same Class of Access Point.
In my case (see images): 192.168.10.20

3) Now you need to work on Routing Tables.
Save in Start-Up (Advanced -> Command) this script:
Quote:
route del -net 192.168.10.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw 0.0.0.0 dev ra0
route add -host 192.168.10.1 dev ra0
route add default gateway 192.168.10.1 dev ra0

4) Save all and reboot.
All must be ok!

Remember that EVERY clients connected with ethernet cable on DD-WRT Router's ports must be:
IP: 192.168.20.x
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.20.1

The two subnet (192.168.10.0 and 192.168.20.0) are now connected with routing rules and every clients of one subnet can dialogue with every clients of other subnet (and vice-versa).

:)
aikideshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been trying to follow the directions here but can't seem to get it working. I am also wanting to do the same thing, i.e. have a client/repeater bridge, but the DIR-600 does not have a client bridge mode, and I can't get the repeater bridge working. So, trying this method as an alternative.

Can you please add in more details to the instructions, and also show what the settings are for the other parameters. I am using the latest recommended version of DD-WRT for DIR-600.

I am also having problems setting it up just as a basic client even. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
calvc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can try this guide
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=72478

I have try 1 guide but didn't work. Make sure the virtual interfaces in wireless, wireless basic tab is not enable. When u enable the security, u need to activate the physical interface password only. The 2 time power up cycle could be working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: