Airlink AR670W

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
aman11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 21:49    Post subject: Airlink AR670W Reply with quote
i have Airlink ar670w router and flashed with latest firmware v24 sp2. In repeater mode when i try to connect with any network, in site survey it shows me number of network to join. when i try to join any network my laptop successfully connected to the router but my router is not getting connected to any network. i did not get any WAN IP, its always 0.0.0.0, i tried everything but did not get sucess, plz help me what shuld i do to fix it.
Sponsor
bbb_forever
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 0:00    Post subject: Re: Airlink AR670W Reply with quote
aman11 wrote:
i have Airlink ar670w router and flashed with latest firmware v24 sp2. In repeater mode when i try to connect with any network, in site survey it shows me number of network to join. when i try to join any network my laptop successfully connected to the router but my router is not getting connected to any network. i did not get any WAN IP, its always 0.0.0.0, i tried everything but did not get sucess, plz help me what shuld i do to fix it.

-Change the router's Wireless Mode = AP.
-Save, and apply settings.
-Unplug Internet modem, router, and disable Network client connection in Windows.

-Plug-in Internet modem, and wait 30sec-1 min until modem re-initialized and lights settles down.
-Plug-in router, and wait 30 secs for the same reason.
-Enable your Network client connection.

If that works, then you'll know that the router can work in AP mode.

-If you change the Wireless Mode = Repeater, then you need another host router in AP mode to be your Gateway to the internet.
- And you'll need to learn how to configure subnets and linking routers:
http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers

--------------------------
Finally, if you get "Repeater" or "Repeater-Bridge" mode
to work for you, let me know.

I got "Client" mode to work, but BOTH Repeater mode do NOT work on my AR670W router. I'm waiting until the next build before I try again.

More about how someone (Hellbore) got "Repeater-Bridge" to work:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32995&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=435
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: