Need help w/ DHCP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
kandyass
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 20:35    Post subject: Need help w/ DHCP Reply with quote
My old router gave up the ghost last night so I now have a wrt-54g running the latest dd-wrt. Previously I had DHCP3 running on a linux server to support a number of other services on my net.

With dd-wrt I can't seem to figure out how to set this up. When I disable dhcpd on the router none of my computers can connect to anything. I get similar results when I set the router to "DHCP forwarder" and fill in the desired dhcp-server address in the space provided. Clearly there is something else I need to do.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:59    Post subject: Re: Need help w/ DHCP Reply with quote
kandyass wrote:
My old router gave up the ghost last night so I now have a wrt-54g running the latest dd-wrt. Previously I had DHCP3 running on a linux server to support a number of other services on my net.

Are you trying to get the new router to work the same as before? If the DHCP server is on the same subnet then all you need to do is disable DHCP on the router so that they're not contending with each other. DHCP forwarding is only for forwarding DHCP messages to a server on a separate LAN segment. Do your host receive any DHCP addresses and if so then what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: