D-Link DIR-600 Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
SimplexCoda
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 0:26    Post subject: D-Link DIR-600 Question Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone knew what the current hardware revision to this router was. I see under the supported devices list that the only supported revision is B. I want to make sure i get the right one, but newegg does not tell you what revision they are selling you. THye just say they always have th newest revision, so is rev B the newest and I should expect to get one from newegg?
Sponsor
SimplexCoda
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well i ordered the router (despite the lack of assistance concerning my question)
I got revision A1 instead of B. My router keeps telling me that it wont accept the flash and wont be updated. Anyideas, im positive the firmware for revb will since there is practically no differences.
bgils
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
These two devices are very different. Rev A1 is built on the atheros AR9002 platform http://www.atheros.com/pt/bulletins/AR9002AP-1SBulletin.pdf. Rev B looks like it is built on a Ralink platform. Rev A1 is linux based (you can get GPL source from Dlink) and there is a serial port on the board if you want shell access.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: