Best supported 802.11n router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jtgamble
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:55    Post subject: Best supported 802.11n router Reply with quote
So, I'm looking to get back into DD-WRT. I used it for a long time, then got an Airport Extreme (don't ask, I had some apple gift cards and nothing to spend them on). It works fine, but I'm not that happy with how clunky it is to work with when doing things as simple as port forwarding! However, I DO want to keep 802.11n around. I was glad to see that DD-WRT now supports n routers, but I'm wondering which is best supported right now. Also, are there any non-draft routers supported, since theoretically the spec has been finalized?

Thanks much! Looking forward to using DD-WRT again soon!
Sponsor
dpp3530
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
At the moment, I'd say the ones that have the best support from DD-WRT are some of the older Linksys models, the WRT600N and the WRT300N. They're not really for sale anymore, but you can definately find the WRT300N-RM (remanufactured) at a good price on various web sites (eCost and Newegg, for example). The 600 has dual radios, and both have enough memory and flash to run the Mega version.
Linksys EA6700
DD-WRT v3.0 STD 47377
Asus RT-AC56U
DD-WRT v3.0 STD 47377
Netgear AC1450
DD-WRT v3.0 STD 47377
socal87
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I never had trouble with my 150n...aside from being rather weak, only 4mb flash and CPU wasn't too strong.

>>>PEACOCK THREAD!<<<

I do NOT offer personal assistance.
Please do not PM me for help.

jtgamble
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
dpp3530 wrote:
At the moment, I'd say the ones that have the best support from DD-WRT are some of the older Linksys models, the WRT600N and the WRT300N. They're not really for sale anymore, but you can definately find the WRT300N-RM (remanufactured) at a good price on various web sites (eCost and Newegg, for example). The 600 has dual radios, and both have enough memory and flash to run the Mega version.

Thanks. I'll take a look around and see if I can find a 600N somewhere Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: