hooking up an access point to a wrt54g in 'client' mode

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
tinfoiljack
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:57    Post subject: hooking up an access point to a wrt54g in 'client' mode Reply with quote
i want to repeat a wireless signal, so i've got a wrt54g in client mode that is receiving the primary signal, and i want to hook an access point up to the wrt54g to rebroadcast the signal with its own ssid, security settings, etc. is this possible?

for reasons i won't go into, i don't have access to the primary signal's router.

give me some suggestions if you think i can do this a different way.

the wrt54g in client mode is functioning properly--if i connect a computer to it with an ethernet cable i'm connected to the internet, but the idea is to place this router in a location where the primary signal is the strongest and then rebroadcast it so i don't have to have to use an ethernet cable. i tried plugging an access point the wrt54g but this isn't working.
Sponsor
joecop67
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why don't you have access to the primary router? Mtrying to steal Internet access?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:52    Post subject: Re: hooking up an access point to a wrt54g in 'client' mode Reply with quote
tinfoiljack wrote:

for reasons i won't go into, i don't have access to the primary signal's router.

Then you should not be using it.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: