PPtP service /DD-WRT 2.3 "VOIP" firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
spiral
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 17:49    Post subject: PPtP service /DD-WRT 2.3 "VOIP" firmware Reply with quote
I am trying to follow these instruction to get PPtP service on my router (Linksys WRT54GS router)

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/PPTP_Server_Configuration

1. Where do I find the DD-WRT 2.3 "VOIP" firmware for this? I have looked every where.
Sponsor
pbix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey spiral,

The author of that Wiki is only indicating that he tested his comments against v23 VoIP. That was many years ago now. You should only be using a v24 version now. PPTP is supported in all builds except Micro. The exact builds you can load will depend on the router you have. Please research that at http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

You can see the features of the different builds at http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_DD-WRT%3F#File_Versions

Make sure you read and understand the Peacock sticky at the head of this forum before loading software to your router.[/url]
spiral
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 0:18    Post subject: The instructions look correct but ... Reply with quote
I can't find the voip firmware upgrade for v24 for a Linksys WRT54GSv7. I have been through this site for hours looking for it.
pbix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
You do not necessarily need VoIP firmwarm. Any firmware but Micro will do. What router do you have?
spiral
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:07    Post subject: This one: Reply with quote
Linksys WRT54GSv7

Apparently I loaded the Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/21/09) micro but I am not seeing the PPtP portion under Services. Thats where it should be right?

I loaded this for the sole purposes of adding VPN functionality to this router.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:58    Post subject: Re: This one: Reply with quote
spiral wrote:
Linksys WRT54GSv7

Apparently I loaded the Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/21/09) micro but I am not seeing the PPtP portion under Services. Thats where it should be right?

I loaded this for the sole purposes of adding VPN functionality to this router.

Are you able to read?

pbix told you that the micro version does not support VPN and PPtP and even gave you a link to the firmware version chart where you can see what each version includes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bad news dude. Your Linksys WRT54GSv7 only supports the Micro version so you cannot do PPTP on that router. You got the Linksys cheap-ass model for the masses with not enough memory. Sell yours on Ebay and get a WRT54G-TM, no more money and way more capability.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: