Latest Builds on a WRT54G ver 6?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
smajor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:57    Post subject: Latest Builds on a WRT54G ver 6? Reply with quote
Hi folks, I've been running some of the latest builds on my wrt600n well. I also have a WRT54G ver 6 that was given to me, I'd like like to get dd-wrt on it.

I understand that these things have little flash RAM and a micro build is probably all I'm going to get. That's okay.

My questions are: is the install procedure still what's described in the wiki? When I did my 600n I just downloaded the specific 600n BS build and flashed from the native Linksys Firmware page. Can this (now) be done to the 54G in the latest builds? If not, can it be done after a successful dd-wrt install for later updates?

Any suggestion on which build to use in the latest dev tree?
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 13:06    Post subject: Re: Latest Builds on a WRT54G ver 6? Reply with quote
smajor wrote:
Hi folks, I've been running some of the latest builds on my wrt600n well. I also have a WRT54G ver 6 that was given to me, I'd like like to get dd-wrt on it.

I understand that these things have little flash RAM and a micro build is probably all I'm going to get. That's okay.

My questions are: is the install procedure still what's described in the wiki? When I did my 600n I just downloaded the specific 600n BS build and flashed from the native Linksys Firmware page. Can this (now) be done to the 54G in the latest builds? If not, can it be done after a successful dd-wrt install for later updates?

No...follow the bitsum instructions in the wiki for the V5/V6 units.

Make sure you build a custom vxworks_killer file too...then you'll have the correct MAC address for the unit.

You can run the 12307_micro.bin file on that unit...once you get it flashed initially using the bitsum instructions...it can be updated directly from the web gui...all that prep/killer stuff is a one time thing only.

redhawk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 14:01    Post subject: Re: Latest Builds on a WRT54G ver 6? Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
smajor wrote:

No...follow the bitsum instructions in the wiki for the V5/V6 units.

Make sure you build a custom vxworks_killer file too...then you'll have the correct MAC address for the unit.

You can run the 12307_micro.bin file on that unit...once you get it flashed initially using the bitsum instructions...it can be updated directly from the web gui...all that prep/killer stuff is a one time thing only.

redhawk

Excellent. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: