WRT310N - WPS Button

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
wjwj
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 19:34    Post subject: WRT310N - WPS Button Reply with quote
On my WRT310N the SES/WPS/EZ-Setup/WPS Button does not turn WLAN on/off ("Use this button for turning off ratio" IS enabled).

I found a 1 year old open ticket in SVN (680), and Eko repied to it, but in the recommended build for this router (12188) the button is still not working (I am using the mini build).

Could anyone tell me whether it is possible to fix this by myself?

The proper button (as postet before in the forums) is GPIO 8 (00 - pushed, 01 - released).

Eko? Could you fix this, because I really need this feature.
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
You probably know this...

You can use the "radio scheduling" feature to turn the radio off and on. If you don't want to make an actial schedule, just enable it and choose "always off" when you want to turn the radio off, and "always on" to turn it back on.

I know this feature works. Just a suggested work around till your gpio is fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for the very fast reply!!

Unfortunately that is, as you mentioned, no real solution, because I then would have to log into the web interface each time to enable/disable WLAN.

What is a bit strange from my point of view is that several people reportet this "bug" and that there exists a one year old ticket in SVN, but the button is still not working.

Unfortunately I did not look into the forums before buying WRT310N. Actually I switched from Asus WL500W to it, because WL500W has this "bricks suddenly"-issue and on that device the WLAN-LED is always on (also when WLAN disabled) what makes it difficult to see whether you enabled/disabled WLAN.

Due to the reason that I have a non-advanced user using my WLAN from time to time (I normally do not need it) who should be able to easily enable/disable WLAN that feature would be very important to me.

Is there a file where you can simply re-assign these buttons (searched source and filesystem but could not find anything)??
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
wjwj wrote:
Thank you for the very fast reply!!

Unfortunately that is, as you mentioned, no real solution, because I then would have to log into the web interface each time to enable/disable WLAN.

What is a bit strange from my point of view is that several people reportet this "bug" and that there exists a one year old ticket in SVN, but the button is still not working.

Unfortunately I did not look into the forums before buying WRT310N. Actually I switched from Asus WL500W to it, because WL500W has this "bricks suddenly"-issue and on that device the WLAN-LED is always on (also when WLAN disabled) what makes it difficult to see whether you enabled/disabled WLAN.

Due to the reason that I have a non-advanced user using my WLAN from time to time (I normally do not need it) who should be able to easily enable/disable WLAN that feature would be very important to me.

Is there a file where you can simply re-assign these buttons (searched source and filesystem but could not find anything)??

Not saying that there is no problem. It may be with your device (not that there is anything wrong with your device, just a glitch with your device's gpio and the fw). I have not used it in quite a long time but I know the ses button worked on a GL and a V3 as well as the wlan light. I can not tell you exactly what build(s) though.

I know the wlan light works in the latest builds when using radio scheduling (because that it how I do it now) on a V3, V8, GL, 300n V1.1 and the 600N V1.1.

And when you log into the gui, you can see what time it is. Razz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can confirm that the button is also non-functional in the 12476 NEWD build (VPN/Mini).
However, it is possible to toggle the radio from the cli and webgui.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
uberushaximus wrote:
I can confirm that the button is also non-functional in the 12476 NEWD build (VPN/Mini).

Your input is appreciated. It would be beneficial to know your hardware and if you can confirm the wlan light is operational on your hardware.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
THANKS again for the fast reply.

Hopefully Eko will take a look at ticket 680 and fix the issue soon, otherwise shipping WRT310N from US to Europe was a kind of useless. At least there are no reports that WRT310N randomly bricks ;-)

GPIO 8 on the device is working: gpio poll 8 worked perfectly, but seems to be ignored by the router.

Regarding WL500W WLAN-LED: Brainslayer posted in SVN (ticket 898) that this canNOT be fixed, tried several builds - but that is a different topic.
wjwj
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think that there is a slight missunderstanding - probably because I mentionend Asus WL500W in this post, SORRY!

WLAN LED is perfectly working on WRT310N, despite WDS button is not. I think it is not properly assigned, because gpio poll 8 shows activity when pressing the button.

The LED issue was on Asus WL500W, but due to SVN ticket 898 this can not be fixed.
uberushaximus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
uberushaximus wrote:

Your input is appreciated. It would be beneficial to know your hardware and if you can confirm the wlan light is operational on your hardware.

The thread is about the WRT310N isn't it? Rolling Eyes
That's exactly what it is, and a v1.0 at that.
wjwj
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
uberushaximus wrote:
barryware wrote:
uberushaximus wrote:

The thread is about the WRT310N isn't it? Rolling Eyes
That's exactly what it is, and a v1.0 at that.

YES, I am very sorry, I did not want to confuse anyone.
wjwj
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I found the source file to edit.

Could BS or Eko please add to /src/router/rc/resetbutton.c:

Code:
case ROUTER_WRT310N:
    sesgpio = 0x18; //gpio 8, inversed
    break;

I think it should be inversed (not shure if I am right): 00 - pushed, 01 - released would be right.
wjwj
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko added WRT310N WPS button support in r12516, as soon as there is a new build available I will test it.

THANKS Eko!!!
wjwj
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just updated to BS 12523.

WPS button is finally working perfectly!

Thanks Eko for fixing it and BS for the build!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: