WLAN LED remains off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
liksee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:12    Post subject: WLAN LED remains off Reply with quote
Thanks to all those who hacked about and shared their knowledge about flashing the WRT54g/gs version 5 router! I'm quite thrilled, and donated some money already to further this cause.

I successfully flashed the wrt54gs version 5 router with dd-wrt v23 sp1 micro. It so far works wonderfully as a client bridge, though the WLAN LED doesn't turn on (and site surveying doesn't return any results, but that's not necessary since I know the settings and SSID of my network)

Did I do something wrong, or is the disabled WLAN indicator LED a vestigial defect due to the fact we are using a severely crippled router, or is it something else?

Thanks!
Sponsor
grenouille
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, this is normal.
And yes, I suspect it is due to the fact of having crippled the device with the CFE (aka "BIOS") of a different model.
liksee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the confirmation, Grenouille.

Nevertheless, this WAP CFE retrofit works great. Who needs that light anyways when the results are obvious. I guess I just freed up a GPIO pin/LED then for any future scripts. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: