Routing Option needed in this case?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ck42
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:23    Post subject: Routing Option needed in this case? Reply with quote
Administration -> Management -> Routing

Is this Routing option needed in this case:

For a planned one single wireless client, they'll be DHCP forwarded to a hardware firewall/gateway (Internet connection) for an address by way of one of the regular LAN ports (not using the WAN Port in this scenario).

Is the Routing option here only applicable to the WAN port?
Sponsor
AycheKay
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:44    Post subject: Re: Routing Option needed in this case? Reply with quote
ck42 wrote:
Administration -> Management -> Routing

Is this Routing option needed in this case:

For a planned one single wireless client, they'll be DHCP forwarded to a hardware firewall/gateway (Internet connection) for an address by way of one of the regular LAN ports (not using the WAN Port in this scenario).

Is the Routing option here only applicable to the WAN port?

I think you should clarify yourself a little. You have many clients but one specific client needs something different than the rest? Or, you will only have this one client? Wireless or wired client?

You want this client to be treated differently by DHCP? You want it to receive a different kind of IP address or it just needs to get a different Gateway IP address and DNS Server IP address? You want this client to get it's internet service from a different Internet server on the network that is accessible through the switch ports?
ck42
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Only a single wireless client.
I want this wireless client to pull from the same DHCP server as the other wired clients on the subnet. I don't want the Linksys DHCP server leasing the addresses.
Linksys will be connected to the firewall/gateway/DHCP server through one of its LAN ports.

All clients (wired & wireless) are going to the same Internet gateway e.g., same Internet service.

Last edited by ck42 on Fri Oct 06, 2006 13:00; edited 1 time in total
AycheKay
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
It should be as simple as disabeling Internet and disabeling DHCP in the router. After disabeling Internet in the router you should enter the Gateway and DNS IP addresses underneath the router's LAN IP address.

I think DHCP forwarder would work also.
ck42
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes....I have already configued all of that.

Just wondering if the Routing option needs to be set for some reason...OR, since I have all of those other configurations set, maybe the Routing option now has no affect either way.
AycheKay
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really don't know but I think you shouldn't need to mess with routing at all. Is the client functioning properly?
ck42
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not in place yet. Just doing a pre-configure on the Linksys before I hook it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: