DD-WRT on Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 (N+)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
thebudman420 wrote:
Weird my V2 has an SR Instead of the RB, I guess that is why it didn't work before, Sucks you have to take it apart just to find out, Could it be bc i had my v2 for a long time like around a year or 2?

The version number v2110 on your router label may be a way to identify which switch ic is in use but Belkin is known for changing their version number without it exactly reflecting what is inside. Crying or Very sad
The version with the SR switch is the later version, the RB switch was used initially.

thebudman420 wrote:

Does this mean my router is bricked or is there a way to get it working? I'm guessing i have no way to flash anymore since i don't have use of my wired and they say don't do it over wireless?

No it is not bricked, it can be recovered by wired connection with tftp transfer of the stock firmware immediately after router power-on.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok that's cool, I see if i can get the tftp thing to work, I haven't had any luck so far.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
thebudman420 wrote:
Ok that's cool, I see if i can get the tftp thing to work, I haven't had any luck so far.

Lookin at the boot loader it seems that it will use an address of 10.10.10.123 and is expecting your computer (with the tftp program) to be 10.10.10.3 so that is what you have to set your computers static ip to.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
The thing that tripped me up at first is that, unlike Broadcom routers, where the router is a tftp server, you have to have your computer be the server.

Immediately at boot, you have to press '2' exactly once, to get the tftp command over serial port (57600). There's a zero boot delay from prompt to accepting default.
It'll then ask for its IP and the tftp server (your computer) IP; in my case, I use Linux and tftpd-hpa.

I've flashed that image on my V2000, and I've noticed that I can't get the WAN port to be another LAN port. If I check "assign wan port to switch", it claims to work, but passes no packets through that port; if I instead assign vlan2 to br0, the router loses all wired connectivity.

Also, why does this thing give only ONE option for mount point on USB drives? If I attach a drive with two partitions, it doesn't mount any of them. I'd expect to see /media/LABEL1 and /media/LABEL2, or such.

Is there going to be jffs support for the thing?

EDIT: Correction: it looks like it only passes packets that are EXITING that port -- no packets from the computer can get IN.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
DanaG wrote:
The thing that tripped me up at first is that, unlike Broadcom routers, where the router is a tftp server, you have to have your computer be the server.

Immediately at boot, you have to press '2' exactly once, to get the tftp command over serial port (57600). There's a zero boot delay from prompt to accepting default.
It'll then ask for its IP and the tftp server (your computer) IP; in my case, I use Linux and tftpd-hpa.

It can probably be done in an easier way without a serial terminal connection.
There is only a 1 second boot delay which makes it hard to do to a tftp transfer but the boot loader will search for a tftp server at 10.10.10.3 and will request a file named uImage from it.

So a tftp server like http://tftpd32.jounin.net/ with the stock firmware renamed to uImage and stored in the tftp servers data directory should work with WinXP, other tftp servers should work under Linux.

Win7 and Win Vista is no hit, they will not realise that the ethernet is connected before the 1 second tftp window is over..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
DanaG wrote:

It can probably be done in an easier way without a serial terminal connection.
There is only a 1 second boot delay which makes it hard to do to a tftp transfer but the boot loader will search for a tftp server at 10.10.10.3 and will request a file named uImage from it.

So a tftp server like http://tftpd32.jounin.net/ with the stock firmware renamed to uImage and stored in the tftp servers data directory should work with WinXP, other tftp servers should work under Linux.

Win7 and Win Vista is no hit, they will not realise that the ethernet is connected before the 1 second tftp window is over..
Im going to try this on my xp box its old but still works, I just hope my eithernet refreshes fast enough for this to work, Im not sure exactly what im doing yet but i guess il figure it out. Should this be uImage or uImage.bin ?
thebudman420
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah i don't know what im doing, im not sure if that will work that way or if i set that program up correctly. Don't got the money to replace it, Cost me 80 bucks originally at wally world. I got an old hub i can fall back on for now, I'm tired so i'm going to sleep on it try another day.
DanaG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm, consider trying an Ubuntu livecd. You can fire up a console, install tftpd-hpa, put the uImage in /var/lib/tftpboot, do 'sudo -i' to get root console, and then 'watch -n0 ifconfig eth0 10.10.10.3' -- that'll make it set IP every 0.1 seconds.

Now, any official comments on my switch and USB issues?

EDIT again: looks like openwrt offers the vlan stuff (though the CPU can't talk to anything wired without external-switch support enabled). They also have /sys/class/leds support. That'd be a nice feature to have -- so I could set one LED to be a heartbeat, like I have on my laptop.
XVar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you! On christmas day as well, brilliant. Been waiting for this firmware for ages.

Everything seems to work great except USB. Does the hardware actually support USB 2.0? I've got the USB/NAS working, I can connect to the samba share and copy files but I only get about 2MB/sec even though I'm connected via gbit ethernet and it's a USB 2.0 drive.
thebudman420
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
DanaG wrote:
Hmm, consider trying an Ubuntu livecd. You can fire up a console, install tftpd-hpa, put the uImage in /var/lib/tftpboot, do 'sudo -i' to get root console, and then 'watch -n0 ifconfig eth0 10.10.10.3' -- that'll make it set IP every 0.1 seconds.

Now, any official comments on my switch and USB issues?

EDIT again: looks like openwrt offers the vlan stuff (though the CPU can't talk to anything wired without external-switch support enabled). They also have /sys/class/leds support. That'd be a nice feature to have -- so I could set one LED to be a heartbeat, like I have on my laptop.

Yeah i tried that off my live usb although i don't know if tftpd-hpa installed correctly i got errors when i tried to install it via repository, Its a persistence live usb so i will have to wipe everything i got on it off, may just throw a cd in so i don't have to wipe my usb as i got my programs and everything set up. how would i test to see if tfpd-hpa is working? I watched the system monitor network load and seen nothing moving when i tried to unplug and plug in router. Edit i forgot i was using mint, i guess il try ubuntu livecd before i accept failure lol.
XVar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've started to get frequent breaks in internet connectivity for 5-20 seconds now, everything will be working fine but then you can't get on any websites, then it'll fix itself and do the same thing a few minutes later.

It's the same over wired and wifi, during a dropout if I goto a website on a wired and wireless machine at the same time the internet starts working on both of them at the exact same time.

Any ideas? I've tried a reset to factory defaults, still having problems.

Edit: A reboot sorts it out for a while, but then I start getting a lot dropouts with a load of "Link Status Changed" syslogd messages like this:

Code:
192.168.1.1 12/29/10 19:02:57   DD-WRT   user-level   Warning   kernel      "RT305x_ESW: Link Status Changed"
parlae
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
@BrainSlayer

great job! Thanks to the infinity and back Smile
these are great news! But is there any way to chek for the switch ic without breaking the router apart?

@XVar

I hope those are just configuration issues and that they will be addressed soon ;)

cheers
Parlae
thebudman420
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyway we can fix this with just a dd-wrt firmware update? I couldn't get tftpd-hpa to work either on ubuntu live cd unless im missing some steps i need like starting tftpd-hpa or configuring it?

i put the file renamed to uImage and another named uImage.bin just in case in the /var/lib/tftpboot directory then connected computer to 1st eithernet port on router then powered up the router after i did the watch -n0 ifconfig eth0 10.10.10.3 thing witch set my ip to 10.10.10.3 but no go?

Edit* Lom what all do i got to enter in terminal to get tftpd-hpa to work? unless it automatically works after installing from repository when i put the file in that directory? i doubt it does? So could you give me commands i can copy / paste into terminal it would help me out probably?
sunnyd24
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 15:24    Post subject: F5D8235-4 v2 v2010uk Reply with quote
Hi,

Thanks for getting this to work BrainSlayer & team. :D

As this has a working USB port, is it possible to use Optware packages as per the Wiki http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Optware?

I would like to set up a torrent client if possible. Any advice or links would be appreciated.

Regards,
SD
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
thebudman420 wrote:
anyway we can fix this with just a dd-wrt firmware update?

Yes it is possible to load a revert firmware via wifi but Brainslayer has to do that file or I can do it as soon as I can see which header structure he is using.
I can guess that it is a usual dd-wrt HDR0 followed by the U-Boot header but I rather don't do a file without having the header structure for an update file confirmed.

Or Brainslayer could do an update file with the 8366SR driver instead of the 8366RB driver.

Navigation

Jump to: