DD-WRT on Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 (N+)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
matthewKER
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 22:23    Post subject: Experience Reply with quote
enigmas wrote:
Some notes:
- restore config function doesn't work properly, the router get stucked.
- PPPoE doesn't work with preselected want port, bridge port must be selected for wan, br0
- current firmware level is more to instable to use it for a long period of time, if there will be any new releases and if the time permits I'll test them.

I use these firmwares for 6 months with PPPoE and I tested all PPPoE bugs.
-The restore function is working if you weren't set up the PPPoE and br0 to WAN port. The problem is the restarting after restore because the PPPoE settings don't like the restarting...
-These firmwares are stable with PPPoE if you don't restart your router. If you have a UPS like me, you have a stable router.
-If you restart your router with PPPoE, you can't access the router, you lose internet connection, but you have still WiFi or LAN connection, so I think this bug is repairable.
Sponsor
denobisipsis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does have this board uart boot mode? I have the 8232 but the hardware it's similar. Bricked without no uboot neither output console. I have read there is a possibility to send new uboot.src via uart in boot mode but it's needed working around some pins which i dont know.
zach058
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Could someone help me with reverting back to the belkin firmware?
enigmas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
zach058 wrote:
Could someone help me with reverting back to the belkin firmware?

Upload this firmware from DD-WRT GUI
sclavux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello friends, any new solution to fix PPPoE after restart device? thanks! Smile
orourkj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 19:57    Post subject: Brick? Reply with quote
I just installed the original-to-dd-wrt.bin firmware on my Belkin-F5D8235-4_v2 router. It seemed to install fine, but afterwards I could not connect to the router's configuration screen, cannot connect via wifi, and most of the lights on the router are off.

Since I cannot connect to the router I don't know how to undo the firmware. Any suggestions? Please email me at jesse.orourke@gmail.com if you can help!

Thanks
nryan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 15:56    Post subject: Can't reach dd-wrt web gui after mini-image flash Reply with quote
I'm having a similar problem to orourkj. Following the instructions on :

http://andrewpeng.net/gadgets/belkin-f5d8235-4-v2/dd-wrt-on-belkin-f5d8235-4-v2

I installed "original-to-dd-wrt.bin" from the Belkin web gui on my Belkin N+ router (model number F5D8235-4 v2000). Then did a hard 30/30/30 reset. Now the wireless and wired ports light up blue (plugged into LAN port 1), the router symbol lights blue on the little wireless waves, and the internet symbol orange.

However, after this flash, I get no response pinging 192.168.1.1 and cannot access the dd-wrt gui at that IP. I tried flashing the full dd-wrt firmware “Belkin-F5D8235-4v2-webflash.bin” via tftp but of course that did not work given that I cannot even ping the router on a wired connection.

I would like to flash the router again to the full firmware version but am at a loss what to do next when I can't reach the configuration page or otherwise see the router. Any advice appreciated.
systemfehler
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi!

So I got back from a longer trip and plugged all my devices back in and started working - everything was working fine.

A day later my connection dropped and I restarted my modem and Belkin router. Still no connection - the router does not get a WAN IP. I tried resetting it, upgraded the firmware to 19519 but nothing changed. I did not change anything the only thing that might have changed is my "static" IP and the connection speed. If I plug my notebook directly to the modem everything works fine. Is this a know (hopefully fixable) issue? Sorry I am not very familiar with bridges, vlans, etc. I did flash back to the original Belkin firmware but there the same thing happens - as if either my WAN port is broken or disabled.

Thanks in advance for the help Smile
bhoglan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I just uploaded the image that was posted waaay back on page 4 to my F5D8235-4 v2. It was super simple, I just went into the Belkin firmware's upgrade page and uploaded the new image. It seems like it flashed well. I've got a gorgeous looking DD-WRT page staring back at me. I began going through the directions to set this up as a Client Bridge but for some reason it won't work. When I connect to the router via the web interface it prompts me to change the login and password, which I do without problems. After that I go to the Wireless>Wireless security tab and change the type to WPA2 Personal. As soon as I click, the page tries to update itself with new options, however, it doesn't actually reload. It comes back with an error page saying that the connection was reset with an address ending in apply.cgi. I can click 'try again' but that does nothing. If I go back to just the IP of the router it'll bring back the main page with nothing changed except the username and password. It does this with every single thing I try to change. I tried to use the firmware upgrade page in WRT but it gives me the same issue after I start uploading. I've tried the 30/30/30 reset but that didn't help either. I tried leaving it off for a bit, didn't help. I'm able to telnet into the box as well and get a normal-ish linux-looking interface.

Can anybody help?

Thank you for your time, (also, thanks for putting so much of your time into a free product that is vastly superior to the crap these routers come with)
Brian
sclavux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello, have anybody testing this build ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/10-12-12-r20119-testing/Belkin-F5D8235-4_v2/ ? is pppoe error after restart device fixed?Smile
golliver
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
@bhoglan: i believe this is resolution to your problem with apply.cgi

cheers
RuckusDC
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I installed this on my F5D8235-4 v2 that I wasn't using but did want to use it for a wireless bridge to a primary netgear dsl modem/router (which has no dd-wrt option) using Belkin-F5D8235-4v2-webflash.bin r19519.

Once it was all configured things seemed to work great...for a few minutes. Then I noticed it was doing odd things to the primary, mainly taking all its bandwidth, I noticed that my xbox (connected to live via cable on the primary router) got disconnected and then I lost all webgui and shell access to the secondary dd-wrt router.

I've done a little reading from this thread but not seen anyone complaining about the bandwidth issue. If its something i've possibly got wrong i'd appreciate a few pointers.
tlmanley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 0:41    Post subject: Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 Wired Ports (LAN/WAN) do not work after Reply with quote
I flashed my Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 but I am unable to get any of my LAN or WAN wired ports to work. Wireless works great and I can web and telnet into the router without an issue. I have tried multiple releases of the webflash and have the same issue.

With that said, has anyone else had this issue and are there any solutions to my problem?
sevenalive
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm trying to connect this router to my WNDR3700.

Both running the same build. I followed the wiki instructions but it doesn't connect to my WNDR3700, the main router.

Anyone able to get the belkin as a wireless repeater?

Edit: Flashed 10-12-12-r20119-testing/ and it bricked my belkin and my netgear.

I recovered my netgear with 10-06-12-r20086-testing and currently trying to restore the belkin.

Only problem is my mac address is unknown and I don't get an ip. I need to add an arp record but I have no idea what the mac address is, router label is rubbed off now.

So I'm currently trying to tftp server method.
hawke84
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,
has anyone had any luck getting wireless bridge working on this router, or some kind of connection between 2 routers without cable?

Ive got a bridge working fine the issue i had and ive seen is an issue on the wiki is that DHCP cant pass through to the second router from the main AP. The suggestion is to use older builds (older than any of Brainslayer's) so this router isnt supported.

I was just wondering if anyone had found any way round this or any way to get DHCP server to any clients connected to the second router??

thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26, 27, 28  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 22 of 28
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: