Have WNDR3700 would like to test any builds available

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 227, 228, 229
buffpatel
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 22:23    Post subject: Re: Enable JFFS Reply with quote
colonelriley wrote:
I have the latest DD-WRT firmware suggested in the wiki installed on my WNDR3700v1 but am disappointed that there is no JFFS option under Administration.

After banging my head against the wall for a few weeks now, I think this is due to the fact that this is a generic build and JFFS isn't included because most routers only have 4mb of flash and JFFS needs at least 8mb. But the WNDR3700v1 has 8mb of flash so I should be able to use it right? I formatted a thumb drive to ext4 and plugged that into the USB port, but would prefer to use the built in flash for JFFS over the slower thumb drive if possible (plus I'm not entirely sure how to use JFFS on the thumb drive either). Can I enable this from the command line? Or do I have to compile my own version of DD-WRT (which I have zero idea how to do)?

Obviously I'm a novice 'nixer but have a basic understanding, any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry if this is in this 200+ page thread but I CANNOT find the search thread option on this forum (and its driving me crazy)Sad

Sorry, I don't know which one to use, but I do know the older versions used to have JFFS support for the WNDR3700v1. I know this because I used to use it, but eventually moved everything to a USB drive and I've been happy with the performance personally.

Maybe you could try flashing a build from like 6-7 months ago and check? And if that doesn't work, then try like one from last year?
Sponsor
colonelriley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 20:02    Post subject: Re: Enable JFFS Reply with quote
buffpatel wrote:
... but eventually moved everything to a USB drive and I've been happy with the performance personally.

When you say, "moved everything to a USB drive" exactly what are you referring to? Could you describe this a bit more?
Menno4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
A few months ago I replaced the stock firmware with DD-WRT v3.0 from 11/14/16.

All worked flawless. I thought it would be nice to do an update, so I downloaded what should be the latest 2017 firmware, from the FTP site. Flashing it went successful, but now it has firmware V24 from 3/25/13. So a newer version from an older data? I'm a bit confused...

What is the latest firmware advisable for my WNDR3700?
KitsuneFoxie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys.
I've a WNDR3700v4. Of course stock firmware has utter garbage 5ghz power. It wont even reach into the next room, DDwrt i got full bars.

But i'm not sure how to get the transmit power higher than 22? I wondered what the best firmware people have had the best experience with?

Atleast configure the dbm higher and it to show properly on the status?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 227, 228, 229 Display posts from previous:    Page 229 of 229
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: