Have WNDR3700 would like to test any builds available

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 196, 197, 198 ... 227, 228, 229  Next
PortableTech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 23:11    Post subject: Re: 40Mhz Band and Lack of Channels Reply with quote
PortableTech wrote:
Well, I took the plunge and installed DD-WRT on my WNDR3700 router. The version is DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/24/10) std, and all seems to be working fairly well.

One thing that stands out is that Many of the A band channels are missing compared to the Netgear factory firmware (all the high numbered ones) and there is no option for 40Mhz Channel Width.

Does anyone know how to resolve those two issues? The speeds are a bit slow, around 70% of what I was getting but I suspect that is due to only using 20Mhz bandwidth and being stuck on the busier lower A side channels.

-- PortableTech

Well, I have answered some of my own question, had to get it out of mixed mode to get the 40Mhz options, also, I set the TC Antenna to 1+3 and that made a big jump in speed as well. So, actually above the stock formware speeds on initial tests, will do more testing over next 24 hours.

Lastly, would still like to get the higher channels. On the stock firmware, I used channel 149 on the A side and it worked well, now that is not even an option. What might I be missing?

-- PortableTech
Sponsor
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 23:24    Post subject: Re: 40Mhz Band and Lack of Channels Reply with quote
PortableTech wrote:
PortableTech wrote:
Well, I took the plunge and installed DD-WRT on my WNDR3700 router. The version is DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/24/10) std, and all seems to be working fairly well.

One thing that stands out is that Many of the A band channels are missing compared to the Netgear factory firmware (all the high numbered ones) and there is no option for 40Mhz Channel Width.

Does anyone know how to resolve those two issues? The speeds are a bit slow, around 70% of what I was getting but I suspect that is due to only using 20Mhz bandwidth and being stuck on the busier lower A side channels.

-- PortableTech

Well, I have answered some of my own question, had to get it out of mixed mode to get the 40Mhz options, also, I set the TC Antenna to 1+3 and that made a big jump in speed as well. So, actually above the stock formware speeds on initial tests, will do more testing over next 24 hours.

Lastly, would still like to get the higher channels. On the stock firmware, I used channel 149 on the A side and it worked well, now that is not even an option. What might I be missing?

-- PortableTech

Cause you have wrong settings.

Antenna chains: Both 1+2 and for both bands
Reg domain: Canada
Firmware build: 15962
Channel width: 40MHz
Mode setting: NG-Mixed/NA-Mixed

Now the proper channels are listed depending on upper or lower control channel setting.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

adri
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:34    Post subject: Re: 40Mhz Band and Lack of Channels Reply with quote
PortableTech wrote:
PortableTech wrote:

-- PortableTech

-- PortableTech

To enable the high channels 149-165, you might have to enable the 'outdoor' setting under Wireless Advanced settings.
PortableTech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I never realised that those were "outdoor" use channels. Guess I should have read up on those more when I got the router. Also, this whole SuperChannel thing, can any us based cards actually read things in this range? Or is this more for backhaul links between two routers?

-- PortableTech
jetspeedz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is PAT possible with DD-WRT for the 3700? Sorry don't have time to read 197 pages. I used DD-WRT on a linksys and im familiar with it just need to know if this feature is possible. Thanks
wesleyrpg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there,

is there an EASY way of getting the 3700 to have a built in torrent client? if ddwrt has it, i cant find it!!!

if it doesnt, is there an easy way to add it? (and use external hard drive to save files?)

thanks
brentbizzle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry, new to the forums so please forgive me. I'm really looking at this router and have read some of the many replies in this thread. More recent product reviews for the router on newegg say that v2 of this router isn't compatible with dd-wrt. I don't want the router if I can't load up dd-wrt. From searching the forums I haven't been able to confirm this information. Thanks in advance and sorry if this was answered and I didn't find it.
yousaf465
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
wesleyrpg wrote:
hi there,

is there an EASY way of getting the 3700 to have a built in torrent client? if ddwrt has it, i cant find it!!!

if it doesnt, is there an easy way to add it? (and use external hard drive to save files?)

thanks

You may try Optware the right way following this on dd wrt http://g300nh.blogspot.com/2010/06/software-installation-on-dd-wrt-part-1.html and
wesleyrpg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
yousaf465 wrote:
wesleyrpg wrote:
hi there,

thanks

You may try Optware the right way following this on dd wrt http://g300nh.blogspot.com/2010/06/software-installation-on-dd-wrt-part-1.html and

i said EASY! not 15 pages of text commands! :)

(thanks will one day give it a go!)
ccdoggy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
wesleyrpg wrote:
yousaf465 wrote:
wesleyrpg wrote:
hi there,

thanks

i said EASY! not 15 pages of text commands! :)

(thanks will one day give it a go!)

if those directions are too much for you, then no easy way.

Atheros wireless settings Here

WNDR3700 Wiki

OpenVPN configuration I have refined: OpenVPN Config

ALL WNDR3700 users please fill out this short Poll
Pinqvin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just bought this router and flashed it with dd-wrt. Having a few issues (well, one issue, the other is more of a question due to me not knowing that much about wireless N)

Is anyone having problems mounting anything on the newest firmware? No matter what command I try I can't get dd-wrt to mount a single ext3 partition on a 500GB USB Maxtor drive.

Also, does my wifi N capable hardware have to have some special support for the 5GHz band too or do all wifi N capable devices support it? I have an Acer 3820TG laptop and a Nexus One phone and neither of them can see the 5GHz network. I'm guessing it's more likely that they don't support it, but I'm just checking. Also my laptop only seems to be able to connect at 130mbps even though dd-wrt says the router is able to push 260. Is this a limitation on my laptops Broadcom chip (BCM43225)?
Rataplan626
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pinqvin wrote:
Just bought this router and flashed it with dd-wrt. Having a few issues (well, one issue, the other is more of a question due to me not knowing that much about wireless N)

Is anyone having problems mounting anything on the newest firmware? No matter what command I try I can't get dd-wrt to mount a single ext3 partition on a 500GB USB Maxtor drive.

Also, does my wifi N capable hardware have to have some special support for the 5GHz band too or do all wifi N capable devices support it? I have an Acer 3820TG laptop and a Nexus One phone and neither of them can see the 5GHz network. I'm guessing it's more likely that they don't support it, but I'm just checking. Also my laptop only seems to be able to connect at 130mbps even though dd-wrt says the router is able to push 260. Is this a limitation on my laptops Broadcom chip (BCM43225)?

N-equipment does not explicitely have to be 5GHz. N means 150 (1 channel) or 300Mbps (2 channels) in either 2.4 or 5GHz. Note that enabling 300Mbps (40MHz channel) on 2.4GHz band will occupy more than half of the available bandwidth, which might lead to quarrels with your neighbors Smile
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rataplan626 wrote:
Note that enabling 300Mbps (40MHz channel) on 2.4GHz band will occupy more than half of the available bandwidth, which might lead to quarrels with your neighbors Smile

That is overrated, I been in areas filled with just HT40 APs and areas with mainly HT20 APs and my performance and range wasn't affected to any degree outside the error margin. I assume the neighboring APs weren't affected as well as mine wasn't.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

virremova
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
@tatsuya46
thats youre opinion i respect that. but real hardcore tests are showing quite the opposite.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pinqvin wrote:

5GHz is different band just like Terrestrial tv and Radio are on two different bands. You need a 5Ghz receiver to use 5ghz networks.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 196, 197, 198 ... 227, 228, 229  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 197 of 229
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: