Internet works; DD-WRT does not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
randallm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:18    Post subject: Internet works; DD-WRT does not Reply with quote
I have a WRT54G V8.0, and followed the points in the wiki (http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT54G_v8.0_%26_v8.2) up to the point where I was told to flash the firmware through TFTP. It's probably worth noting, in addition, that I too encountered the problem where I got a browser error screen upon uploading vxworkskiller, but the wiki told me to ignore that.

So TFTP failed with error code 2, and I somehow had the stock Linksys control panel but no internet; I did a quick google search and found someone who had the same problem, and solved it by doing another 30/30/30 reset and re-vxworkskilling the router.

I tried that, and it worked... sort of. The stock firmware was gone, but TFTP still returned error code 2. So I did what any irrational man would do, and do another 30/30/30, and try and flash DD-WRT through the management mode dialog box (if my router is broken now, feel free to mock me all you'd like).

Now I have internet access, but 192.168.1.1 does not return a control panel, so I have no way of configuring settings. I have a hunch DD-WRT is partially installed, but I can't tell for sure. Any help is appreciated. Smile

edit: also worth noting: I can't reach a control panel through my desktop, but through a laptop connected via wi-fi, I see the stock linksys panel...

edit2: I guess this is a good way of saying I fixed the problem by doing absolutely nothing. Disregard this post.[/b]
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: