Problems with sipath - Client looses registration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
netsurfer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 16:00    Post subject: Problems with sipath - Client looses registration Reply with quote
Hello

I have a Asus WL500G-Deluxe connected to the cablemodem. On one of the LAN ports hooks a FRITZ!Box Fon ata 1020.

I tried to use sipath, so I run the voip-build and simply put the router IP as the sip-proxy of the fritzbox. Registration is successfull and everything seems to work. But after a few hours the sip number shows status 'unregistered' and will never register again. Only a reboot of the fritzbox will do.
Error messages in the log from fritz show (translated to english):
  • Registration of the Internet call number (sip number) was not successful. Error: Server does not answer. Timeout.
  • Internettelephony with (sip number) over sip.backbone.ch was not successful. Error: (503)
  • Registration of the Internet call number (sip number) was not successful. Error: DNS error

The last one mostly occures short after rebooting but not when the registration get lost.
Error 503 happens when a call was seized, but could not been placed via sip and had to be reroutet to the analog line.

The support people think it's a NAT problem. They sayd I have to activate NAT or use a STUN server, and I must forward ports 5060-5062 and 5004-5006 to the fritzbox.

I think this is not the case when using sipath, i.e. sipath does this allready.

Now I flashed the standard build and forwarded the ports as requested. Also the sip proxy in the fritzbox is removed.
Its now working since two days.

Question:
Is there anything else to do with sipath then just run the voip-build and assign the router as sip-proxy?
Is there a kown problem with sipath?
And: Is there someone successfully using DD-WRT with sipath and a FRITZ!Box?

netsurfer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 18:34    Post subject: Re: Problems with sipath - Client looses registration Reply with quote
netsurfer wrote:
Is there someone successfully using DD-WRT with sipath and a FRITZ!Box?

Nobody?

It would be nice if someone can confirm, that this setup works for him. I mean, if this is not working properly, than the VoIP build makes no sens to me... I think there are enough people using the VoIP build successfully. How is your setup?

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
As someone who tried the VOIP version on v22, what he describes is pretty close to what I saw on a V1 WRT-54G.

I have multiple VOIP atas, SIPath never worked, and the router eventually hung (as in, required a trip down into the basement to power cycle it). I figured I had done something wrong with configuration, because a quick search of the forum didn't show any reports of problems. Ended up setting up STUN on each ata, which does work, haven't had time to try the v23 VOIP firmware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: