How to use Kaid?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
netsurfer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 14:51    Post subject: How to use Kaid? Reply with quote
Hello

I never used it before, I didn't know what it is and really didn't care about it.
But now after the poll, I wanted to know a bit more. So I visit http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/ and now I have my XTag created and want to try it.

The WIKI explains only XBMC, but Kai is for XBox, Playstation 2, Gamecube and PSP users. I have a PSP. Should be ok, then?

I enabled Kaid and entered the MAC of my PSP. But what is next? Where do I have to put the XTag and password? How do I connect with the PSP? Of course, I have wlan setup and also a game with multiplayer option.

But now, what?
There ara some posts in the old forum which doubt that Kaid is working at all. What is the status. Since Kaid is still in the latest buils of DD-WRT, I assume it should work.

Can someone shed some light to this?

netsurfer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I see...
This means, we have to wait for v24 with the multi-SSID feature. If there is enough interest in Kai/PSP, and Brainslayer likes it too, maybe it can find a way into DD-WRT again.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 23:17    Post subject: PSP function does work... Reply with quote
... but only when you join the Wireless network to the wireless network that the game creates. I use 2 dd-wrt's in my soho... and one of them is used as a kaid psp bridge. when the game is searching... open up the site survey and join the network... with your pc (wired) or other means, you can join a game with the KAI client.

i personally would like to see an easy way to enable multiplayer gaming for the psp Smile... just like the AhMan release...
netsurfer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it correct, that the tool is split up into engine and gui?
If so, only the engine is on the router and the standard windows-gui can be used. Then on the router it's enough to scan the wifi and join the network. This sounds possible with v24, maybe the scan for a PSP and joining it can be done automatically.
This would be really cool!

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
see http://teamxlink.co.uk/downloads.php and you will see a daemon application, that is the kaid that runs on the router and the UI (can be almost any flavour; java, c, etc). the Xbox MC is also just a UI... so yes, it is possible and that is exactly what the older ddwrtpsp release did. that is also why i use a dedicated wireless router for this... but the possibility of vlan's would make this a whole lot easier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: