HOWTO: REPEATER MODE in atheros

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
GODSPD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:56    Post subject: noob needs help :) Reply with quote
Hi all,

my first time here so please be gentle Wink i have been reading the forum for days finding a solution but nothing has worked for me so far...

I am trying to turn my DIR-825 into a repeater from my main Huawei HG8245H optical router...

can someone be kind enough to share their solution/tutorial that has worked???
Sponsor
robman50
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 14:51    Post subject: Linking two different routers Reply with quote
I just went through all 15 pages and I can't find an answer to my question. Doesn't seem to be a simple 'step by step' guide around.

How can I bridge or make a repeater with my ASUS RT1900P (Broadcom?? ASUSWRT-Merlin) and my WNDR3700v1 (Atheros with dd-wrt)
robman50
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 19:36    Post subject: LAN ports have no internet access Reply with quote
I've created a repeater and bridge the two routers but the Wifi works great but if I try to ping a website on the LAN ports it says 'destination unreachable'.
What am I doing wrong?
tipjohn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:39    Post subject: tp-link WR741ND V2 as a repeater Reply with quote
Could anyone please tell me whether my tp-link WR741ND V2 can work as a repeater?
I installed the last DD-WRT firmaware on it.
Thank you.
mental-boy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 23:31    Post subject: Re: LAN ports have no internet access Reply with quote
robman50 wrote:
I've created a repeater and bridge the two routers but the Wifi works great but if I try to ping a website on the LAN ports it says 'destination unreachable'.
What am I doing wrong?

same issue even my other router said it is wireless connected no help ,
flash "default to ddwrt" > "tl-wr941ndv6-webflash" > lan ports works even gor wan ip , tried another way add mac address and connect wireless network 'siresurvey' still got wan ip but unable to connect world wide web.

there are some apps which i don't need can i remove and install openvpn
imayoda
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 22:45    Post subject: Re: LAN ports have no internet access Reply with quote
robman50 wrote:
What am I doing wrong?

I'm having this problem too on a wr842 v1 ...
Can't understand what's going wrong under the hood Embarassed

Any suggestions, please ?
servicetech
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:04    Post subject: Re: LAN ports have no internet access Reply with quote
If LAN device cannot communicate to other LAN connected devices, you may have VLAN setting problem on the internal switch LAN ports.
You should check it by reseting device to factory and setup the device as AP (all WAN , LAN, WLAN ports on the same subnet) and check if WLAN device and all LAN port devices are able to ping each other and if everything works than reconfigure to repeater.
If communication works out of the box you don`t have the VLAN issue on the internal switch LAN ports, if you have this issue you get destination unreachable when pinging LAN device from WLAN or LAN device to other LAN device.

On my device WR940ND/941ND v6 only WLAN to internet router and LAN to internet worked LAN to LAN and WWLAN to LAN result in destination unreachable so I had to add VLAN 1 to switch0 on eth0 (LAN Ports) at startup command on administration tab :

swconfig dev switch0 set reset 1
swconfig dev switch0 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev switch0 set apply

save and restart device and try again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 Display posts from previous:    Page 15 of 15
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: