WRT54G Reporting wrong WAN IP, pictures added.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
gcw23
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:45    Post subject: WRT54G Reporting wrong WAN IP, pictures added. Reply with quote
Ok, I have a WRT54G V6 router flashed with DD-WRT v23 SP2 micro final.
PPPoE connection.

The problem i'm having is with port forwarding. I have enabled UPnP in Utorrent, and enabled it in the router, I have tried manually forwarding the ports, and i have put my PC's IP in the DMZ, and nothing works.

Now, when I do the port forward test in Utorrent, it shows a completely different IP than the one that i'm assigned. I know its not a utorrent problem, because it does it on all my computers on the network. Its always the same address, even if i disconnect and reconnect my PPPoE connection to obtain a new ip. DD-WRT control panel is showing my correct address, but it seems the router is reporting the wrong address to the programs that require the forwarded ports.

I have done everything from power cycling the router, the modem, doing a factory reset on the router, but it still reports the same WAN IP to utorrent (and i assume all other programs that i have forwarded)

The router was working fine on the orginal Linksys firmware for the first week before I installed DD-WRT.

**EDIT, ive decovered what the router is doing, please read my third post.
Any suggestions?

Last edited by gcw23 on Wed Sep 20, 2006 18:46; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
gcw23
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone?

if i can't get this figured out, i'm going to flash back to the linksys software, since i wasn't having a problem with it.
gcw23
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, after a little further investigation, i have determined that the router is changing my WAN IP on me. When i disconnect my PPPoE session on the status page, and then reconnect, it shows the correct IP address my ISP is assigning, but about 5 seconds later, the router changes this address to something completely different (My ISP assigns IPs in the 74.x.x.x rage, and its changing it to 22.239.174.42 every single time)

Ive reboot the router, reverted to factory settings, tried everything but it is still doing this, and its causing port forwarding not to work.

I've attached screenshots to show what its doing. The first picture shows when i get the correct IP assigned from my ISP, the second pic shows what happens about 5 seconds later, it changes my IP and Gateway to something compeletely different. I have confirmed by using tests on the interent that my IP is the 74.12.x.x one.

router1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.25 KB
 Viewed:  4784 Time(s)

router1.JPG

router2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.38 KB
 Viewed:  4784 Time(s)

router2.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: