DD-WRT Router Database

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
2q2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Buffalo Router WZR-G300N is supported, but the database says it's not. That's wrong.
I'm running a WZR-G300N with DD-WRT SP2.
Sponsor
soulstace
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
you should not be showing the micro build for routers with gigabit switch (wrt310n for example). They will semi-brick the router at best.

This user is one of many who experienced the problem first hand.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=47753
jmh9072
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
soulstace wrote:
you should not be showing the micro build for routers with gigabit switch (wrt310n for example). They will semi-brick the router at best.

Yup. :)

jmh9072 wrote:
Changes for all routers with gigabit swtiches (WRT350N, WRT600N, WRT610N, etc):
*Micro build does not support gigabit switches and should be removed from the list of compatible images. (LAN ports will cease to work if the image is flashed and the router will need to either be recovered via TFTP or Wifi flash [TFTP recommended]).

Se7en is Darker...
soulstace
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh sorry, I see you already mentioned it.

Maybe two of us saying it will help get it fixed. Wink
jmh9072
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
soulstace wrote:
Oh sorry, I see you already mentioned it.

Maybe two of us saying it will help get it fixed. Wink

Heh, no problem. That's actually just what I was thinking. Very Happy

Se7en is Darker...
froob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:06    Post subject: Possibly an issue with the DIR-300 page Reply with quote
Installed my first dd-wrt a couple of days ago on a DIR-300. Working great so far. Your new database made it very easy to check whether the router was supported.

There was one hiccup while uploading the new dd-wrt firmware linked on the database page for the DIR-300; it caused the router to restart every 30 seconds or so, and the web interface was not accessible. This thread describes someone else having the same issue:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=47159

In the above thread, a post by ppeter suggests that the linked firmware in the database is likely broken. He may be right.

ppeter wrote:
ok guys, here's the moral:

the 'DIR-300 v24 SP1 build 10020' linux.bin file that is currently reachable through the 'hardware database' page (http://www.dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download.php?file=451) is seriously BROKEN ! Don't use it !

Instead, get http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/stable/dd-wrt.v24%20SP1/Consumer/Dlink/DIR-300/linux.bin

which works correctly

The file he linked to works fine.
juancho
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
X86, is not in the Data Base
supaneko
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 15:46    Post subject: BRICKED MY ROUTER Reply with quote
I visited the firmware update page for my WGR614L. I had successfully placed DD-WRT v24 on it. I went to upgrade it to SP1 and of course, it's not working anymore. I guess a bit of notice on the page regarding the proper steps would have prevented me from throwing my money down the drain.

To say I'm "frustrated" would be a major understatement... I have never had any issues with DD-WRT so I expected that the firmware database would be the same. Sad This is absolutely terrible.

And after checking Google, there seems to be quite a few others sharing my disappointment:

http://www.myopenrouter.com/forum/thread/10801/Bricked-WGR614L-while-updating-dd-wrt/

So...again...as great as this database may be in its intentions, it is far from truly great. It needs a section for notes, explanations, and warnings and steps on what to actually do when installing, upgrading, or otherwise modifying a particular listed router.
themitch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 15:55    Post subject: Nice work! Reply with quote
I tried a few different routers that I have previously gone looking for, and the only thing I noticed wrong was the build for micro for the WRT-54g v6 showed as 10020 rather than 10012. I tried to download the "new" firmware and it is still the old build. Great idea with the database though. This really would have simplified my life a few times when I went looking for files.
themitch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 16:13    Post subject: Re: BRICKED MY ROUTER Reply with quote
supaneko wrote:
I visited the firmware update page for my WGR614L. I had successfully placed DD-WRT v24 on it. I went to upgrade it to SP1 and of course, it's not working anymore. I guess a bit of notice on the page regarding the proper steps would have prevented me from throwing my money down the drain.

To say I'm "frustrated" would be a major understatement... I have never had any issues with DD-WRT so I expected that the firmware database would be the same. Sad This is absolutely terrible.

And after checking Google, there seems to be quite a few others sharing my disappointment:

http://www.myopenrouter.com/forum/thread/10801/Bricked-WGR614L-while-updating-dd-wrt/

So...again...as great as this database may be in its intentions, it is far from truly great. It needs a section for notes, explanations, and warnings and steps on what to actually do when installing, upgrading, or otherwise modifying a particular listed router.

I don't know your specific situation, but it has been my experience that even though an image fails to load, your router is not necessarily bricked. you should consider getting the right firmwre and trying tftp. I found this article (http://www.myopenrouter.com/article/10276/WGR614L-and-TFTP-on-Windows/) by simply entering wgr614l tftp into google. I am sure you can find much more help with more specific info.

That being said, the title of the DB clearly says BETA and "This is a BETA version of the Router-DB, so it can happen that not all informations are correct and not all related files are correctly linked. So if you have doubts please refer to the supported device list and/or the downloads section." is posted clearly on the page. I can't imagine installing anything willy nilly without reading and understanding instructions first, let alone from beta and with a warning like that. Anyways, best of luck, and I really hope your router is not truly bricked...
Carlton Bale
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
For the Linksys WRT600N versions 1.0 and 1.1, the database needs to link to the initial install file with the required signature for flashing over the Linksys firmware:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/v24-sp1/Consumer/Linksys/WRT600N_v1.1/dd-wrt.v24_mega_wrt600n.bin
jmeunier
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 15:58    Post subject: Buffalo Airstation WBR-G54 database entry Reply with quote
I love the new database but the entry for WBR-G54 is not correct.

The WBR-G54 only supports v23 SP2 (9/15/06). It will not boot correctly on any v24 packages listed including the VINT with wireless enabled and if you do get it to boot with v24 the Xmit power is at 78mW and not at the correct 28mW (if you drop it down to 28mW it still fails).

The WBR-G54 works with all v23 SP2 builds (VoIP/VPN/etc).

This has been verified on 3 separate WBR-G54's, if you swap out the MiniPCI wifi module with a Linksys module only then will v24 work.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 13:47    Post subject: Re: Buffalo Airstation WBR-G54 database entry Reply with quote
jmeunier wrote:
I love the new database but the entry for WBR-G54 is not correct.

The WBR-G54 only supports v23 SP2 (9/15/06). It will not boot correctly on any v24 packages listed including the VINT with wireless enabled and if you do get it to boot with v24 the Xmit power is at 78mW and not at the correct 28mW (if you drop it down to 28mW it still fails).

The WBR-G54 works with all v23 SP2 builds (VoIP/VPN/etc).

This has been verified on 3 separate WBR-G54's, if you swap out the MiniPCI wifi module with a Linksys module only then will v24 work.

this must be reported to eko. afaik he will take care of it to support vint.
the 78mw setting is correct

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think everyone except for BrainSlayer is on vacation. Razz
bullfrog528
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi

Just want to congratulate you on the new database.
looking good.
It makes finding your own model of router a joy.Well almost.
Hopefully you'll extend this when time permits so you can search by specifics, e.g. if I'm looking for a router that runs dd-wrt and works of a 12volt supply you can do that. Useful for cars for instance.

I suspect your getting bombarded with suggestions. for the routers marked as wip, a link to a forum discussion so those that want to join in and help on the development get taken to the correct place. However this might make it easier for those that just want to ask is it supported yet to post, so you might want to think about that one before adding it.

I'm assuming at some stage all the hardware specs from the original list will be added into the new database.

Anyway great job, keep it up.

Jeremy/Bullfrog
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: