No WPA2 in WHR-G300N

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'm uploading a new build now to others/eko/brainslayer-presp2. wpa2 should be fixed in it. please test and keep me up to date
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi

WPA2 funkt. with TKIP or AES

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

sterlingh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I too can confirm WPA2 (both TKIP and AES) is working.

I have another problem. I have two of these units, one in AP mode the other in Repeater Bridge mode. Whenever I access the RB router from the AP side I receive packet errors.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
since you always have inteferences, packet errors will always happen. thats normal

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
since you always have inteferences, packet errors will always happen. thats normal

I understand that Packet Loss is normal, but what I am saying is that it is more consistent when I access the remote rb router. I can have the routers up for 4 hours and no packet loss. Immediately upon accessing the remote rd (through the webgui) I will lose ~20 packets. And there won't be any packet lose for another 4 hours, assuming I don't connect to that router anymore.
xeyo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
... alles funktioniert wunderbar Cool

... everything works fine now Cool

Thank You for this build BrainSlayer & Rest of the crew!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/18/09) std
Working good now Smile Thx.

Set to G,B,N mix with WPA2-PSK Mix Mode and TKIP+AES
WPA-PSK AES client -- ok
WPA2-PSK AES client -- ok
SSH -- ok, SSH TCP Forwarding -- ok
DynDNS -- ok (new ip), ok (same ip)
Load Average Display back down to 0% when idle.

However, I SHOULD mention that I had several problems initially but it was probably because I had flashed the firmware using the web interface (from 05/16/09) WITHOUT resetting NVRAM to factory defaults. The router locked up after flashing so I reflashed using TFTP but still had some intermittent problems after that. For example, rebooting the router (from the admin screen) or saving and then restoring router config would lock up the router again. Power-cycling the router did not work. I had to do a hard-reset to clear NVRAM each time before I was able to get a DHCP address. Finally, the web interface locked up even though the router was forwarding traffic. SSH'd into router and issued "httpd -h /www" but received a segmentation-fault. I killed the process and power-cycle the router and magically my previous problems disappeared.

Last edited by wandering on Fri May 22, 2009 18:53; edited 1 time in total
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
sterlingh wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:

I understand that Packet Loss is normal, but what I am saying is that it is more consistent when I access the remote rb router. I can have the routers up for 4 hours and no packet loss. Immediately upon accessing the remote rd (through the webgui) I will lose ~20 packets. And there won't be any packet lose for another 4 hours, assuming I don't connect to that router anymore.

whatever you mean with "rb" and "rd". if your router is up you have no packet loss, sure. because no data is flowing and if you connect to it, voila you have data. a typical packet loss is about 5 - 10% since not all packets will survive the long way to you. your mobile uses bluetooth -> inteferences. your 20 neighbors are using wireless too -> more inteferences

this all creates packet loss, its just the question how much. if a packet was not transmitted, it will be repeated. so its not really lost

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
sterlingh wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:

whatever you mean with "rb" and "rd". if your router is up you have no packet loss, sure. because no data is flowing and if you connect to it, voila you have data. a typical packet loss is about 5 - 10% since not all packets will survive the long way to you. your mobile uses bluetooth -> inteferences. your 20 neighbors are using wireless too -> more inteferences

this all creates packet loss, its just the question how much. if a packet was not transmitted, it will be repeated. so its not really lost

rd (typo) == rb == repeating bridge

I just transferred Ubuntu Netbook Remix (~900MB) from my computer which is conncected directly to the Buffalo Access Point (192.168.1.2) to my media center which is connected directly to another WHR-G300N (192.168.1.3) in repeating bridge mode. I did not have any packet errors during the transfer.

I then navigated to 192.168.1.3 (webgui) from the same computer which resulted in about 15 packets being lost (with the understanding that they eventually made it there). Every subsequent page resulted in another ~15 packet errors.
lael
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
HI

the cpu load average of 051809 is higher than 030309
ivski
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Confirm - WPA2 is on.
sterlingh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just noticed that I cannot access the webgui of the AP (192.168.1.2) from the repeating bridge. My media center is connected directly to the repeating bridge. The firewall is off and I am able to access it from wireless devices connected to the wireless router (192.168.1.1). I can, however, connect to the repeating bridge from the AP side of this though...
jaymunro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
@sterlingh

You should start a new topic with your issue. You may then attract the attention of people with a similar issue.

"Wireless bridging connection problem with v24 preSP2" may be a good title. This topic was focussed on the fact that WPA2 was out of action on the RALINK hardware i.e. WHR-G300N and now appears to be solved.

My unit has now been up for over a day with the 051809 build. Great work guys.
sterlingh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will do.
taimur
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried 13064 and 12255:

13064: breaks video streaming on my iPhone, otherwise works fine.

12255: Works great with iPhone, but GUI access locks up when connected through Ethernet or for a long period. Timesout on pings when wirless client is far away.

Waiting for a build that supports, iPhone video streaming Sad, any other recommendations?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 6
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: