No WPA2 in WHR-G300N

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Menkatek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 16:25    Post subject: No WPA2 in WHR-G300N Reply with quote
So I have flashed my router and setup everything but noticed the first bug with this beta firmware (170109). When set to 'WPA2 Personal', the security of the wireless network is stuck on WPA. Attempting the 'WPA Personal' and 'WPA2 Personal Mixed' has no affect either. Is this a known bug in general, or newly reported for this model? Thanks DD-WRT crew.
Sponsor
AA666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice to see you back, Menkatek. How do you flash your router finally?
Menkatek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi AA666. I used the .enc firmware and then firmware.bin, as Sash instructed. It worked great. :)

Have you noticed the WPA2 problem as well? Also, I'm thinking of cracking open this unit again, this time to add an external antenna. The range is very poor!
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
i can just report this back to ralink. might be a driver bug. or did you just look at the gui info?

please show me the output of "cat /tmp/RT2860.dat" after you logged in with telnet or ssh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I use WPA2 Personal/AES without problems with 010209 firmware. It seems like this version not affected by this bug.

Well, if you open box maybe its a good time for sd/mmc mod? Wink I have located needed gpio, but don't have sd/mmc socket at this time.
Menkatek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
i can just report this back to ralink. might be a driver bug. or did you just look at the gui info?

please show me the output of "cat /tmp/RT2860.dat" after you logged in with telnet or ssh

Hi, BS. I checked the setting in Wireless->Wireless Security and the Status page; they always match. I determined that it was still WPA by mousing over the network name in Vista's Wireless manager, making sure to refresh it a few times after rebooting the router. Please see attached for the cat output.

Quote:
Well, if you open box maybe its a good time for sd/mmc mod? Wink I have located needed gpio, but don't have sd/mmc socket at this time.

What kind of functionality would this add? I guess probably sharing an SD card over the network? That would be kinda cool... right now though I'm pretty averse to any modding. After that serial link and bad EEPROM business, I'd like to keep it simple like adding an antenna. Embarassed Shame they didn't add an external port at least.

I think Buffalo is about to start selling the WHR-G300N in the States. With DD-WRT, it should be a big seller and a boost for DD-WRT.
AA666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Menkatek this mod gets additional storage and you can install a lot of software like torrent, web and ftp servers and much more. Here is a list of software, but its not full http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_list_of_Optware_packages. This software "extends the router to full feature linux", more info located here http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Optware.
ivski
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can confirm - no indications for WPA2.
WHR-G300N - 21.01.2009
Menkatek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Late reply, back from Lunar New Year holiday. Smile Thanks ivski for the confirm. Hopefully it will be fixed.

AA666 wrote:
Menkatek this mod gets additional storage and you can install a lot of software like torrent, web and ftp servers and much more.

That sounds pretty cool and I think a lot of people would like this. In my case, I built a low-power Windows server for those things. But if it could be taken out, even better!
ivski
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
ivski wrote:
I can confirm - no indications for WPA2.
WHR-G300N - 21.01.2009

No indications for WPA2 - build 29.01.2009
xeyo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/03/09) std
Output of "cat /tmp/RT2860.dat": see attachment
Webgui -> Status -> Wireless show: Encryption - Interface wl0 - Enabled, WPA2 Personal

... but Windows XP Networkinformationspopup still show old WPA:

Question Exclamation Question
ivski
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
xeyo wrote:
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/03/09) std
Output of "cat /tmp/RT2860.dat": see attachment
Webgui -> Status -> Wireless show: Encryption - Interface wl0 - Enabled, WPA2 Personal

... but Windows XP Networkinformationspopup still show old WPA:

Question Exclamation Question

+1
xeyo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 0:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
... is someone working on it? Embarassed
saxplayer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
No WPA2 here,too. I tried 12-03-09 build - no wireless at all, went back to 03-03-09..
dg9ekc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
same here

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 6
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: