linksys wrt54g v8, special, v24 sp1, can't upgrade

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates
Uncle Shmuel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 23:00    Post subject: linksys wrt54g v8, special, v24 sp1, can't upgrade Reply with quote
I have successfully installed the micro DD-WRT v24-sp1 (07/28/08) micro - build 10015, but try as I may, I cannot upgrade to any of the special versions I bought. In particular, if I do a firmware upgrade, to dd-wrt.v24_std_special_generic.bin (Nov 26, 08) or the mini version thereof, or mega version.

I go to Administration|firmware upgrade, and put in the name of the file. After about 10 seconds, it says "Upgrade complete," and then reboots. But I'm still in the micro release 10015 build.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
dg9ekc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello

You can only upgrade a micro Version because the Router have only 2MB Flash Memory.

Uncle Shmuel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply, and the bad news about my router. Do you have any suggestions as to a router (inexpensive) that I can set up to use IPV6? That's my main concern, getting a working ipv6 network.

Thanks in advance.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: