Dead router after bad firmware flash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
frugolo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 23:04    Post subject: Dead router after bad firmware flash Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new here, I would ask some help about discovering jtag pins of my router since I think that connecting via jtag is the only possibility to make it alive again. First of all I have to declare that the chip is not among those treated in this forum but, really, in this site I've read posts from very experienced people so I hope to find some good help here. Tell me please if you can help me with a cx83210-14 with arm940T (router Kraun kr.rt 4 eth. port). The problem is that after a bad firmware flash via http and than via ftp it does not respond to ping, telnet, ftp, tftp nor ping. I have the user's manual of the chip and I can find on it the pins of TDO TDI TMS and TCK but I cannot understand where on the pcb they are exactly. I still don't have a JTAG cable. I could arrive to build a not buffered cable, I think, even if I found somewhere that the unbuffered JTAG cable could damage the parallel port of the host pc. Thank you in advance for help. Frugolo
Sponsor
cgigate
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
what router do you have ?
nobody will help if you don't want to say what router you are talking about

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
The router is a Kraun model kr.rt with 4 ethernet ports.
thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: