BitTorrent vs. QoS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
rbaibich
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 20:51    Post subject: BitTorrent vs. QoS Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I have WRT54GL that I'm using to share my Internet connection with 3 other neighbors. All of them use the internet only for browsing, but I use BitTorrent quite often and I don't want to completely kill their connection in the process.

Quote:
From the Wiki:

"Bulk" gives no guaranteed bandwidth, "Standard" ensures 10%, "Express" 15%, "Premium" 75% and "Exempt" 100%

Let's say I set BT to be Standard traffic, I have it running and I'm the only one using the connection. Will I get only 10% of the bandwidth anyways? Is there a way of giving me more speed if the whole thing is not being used?
Sponsor
BigL
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
10% is guaranteed. If there will be no other traffic you'll have 100%. But as soon as someone with higher class will start to use network you rate will be lower.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: