Flashing Guide for all Senao/Engenius ATHEROS products

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
bitsmt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
kobold wrote:
I just bought a EAP-3660 and I want to flash it with DD-WRT. I followed the instructions but I can't get into RedBoot.

I see the following message
Code:
== Executing boot scripts in 1.990 seconds - Enter ^C to abort

However, when I pres CTRL+C it still continues to boot in normal mode. I tried it on several OS's and machines, MacBook with OS X, Dell with Unbuntu and Windows. Non of them could get me into RedBoot. Is there another way, or what am I doing wrong?

I agree with Sash. I too was wasting brain cells truing to use M$ Terminal and the CTRL+C method. I used PuTTY and it got me in without doing a thing! Oh, when using PuTTY, be sure to set it to TERMINAL.
Sponsor
Gumby
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Oh, when using PuTTY, be sure to set it to TERMINAL.

Do you mean "Telnet"?

I've been trying to get into my ECB-3500 for the past hour with no luck. Followed the howto on the first page of this thread word for word. I notice that it takes about 10 seconds for the icon to change in the taskbar. Should I be trying to telnet after that 10 seconds or before that 10 seconds (as soon as I plug the unit in). Also, approx 35 seconds after the network icon shows connected, the device loses connection for a few seconds and then gets the connection back and is then stable. At what connection point am I supposed to be trying to telnet?

One additional note, it isnt until after the 45 second mark that the router responds to a ping request. I know this doesn't necessarily mean its network isnt up before that, but is this the case?
killersoft
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:31    Post subject: Original Firmware Reply with quote
Hi, I'v had dd-wrt on my ecb-3500. I recently found an artical to restore original firmware. I followed the guide, and success I have now restored one of my 2 ecb-3500's. I'v had issues with tx power setting on the ecb-3500s with no resolve, firmware after firmware. So having the original firmware back on the unit is a releif.
Attached is a guide that covers the ecb-3500, it also has information on other engenius units. Follow the guide carefully, and dont forget step 8!.
hawkeyez88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:10    Post subject: EOC-5610 Reply with quote
Not sure if this is the correct spot for this question, but any help is appreciated. I have been working on getting dd-wrt flashed onto a EOC-5610, have been through all the forum pages on this model and still to no luck after about 40 retry flashes have been able to gain access to the main control panel of dd-wrt. Everything seems to load and flash correctly and looks the same as the tutorials. I can do a continuous ping to 192.168.1.1 after reboot of the device and power cycle. Anything anyone has come across that might help me out?

Thanks
hawkeyez88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 22:02    Post subject: Re: EOC-5610 Reply with quote
hawkeyez88 wrote:
Not sure if this is the correct spot for this question, but any help is appreciated. I have been working on getting dd-wrt flashed onto a EOC-5610, have been through all the forum pages on this model and still to no luck after about 40 retry flashes have been able to gain access to the main control panel of dd-wrt. Everything seems to load and flash correctly and looks the same as the tutorials. I can do a continuous ping to 192.168.1.1 after reboot of the device and power cycle. Anything anyone has come across that might help me out?

Thanks

Anybody that can help me with this????
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
read the guidelines
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would like to try DD-WRT on an EOC-1650. On the Router Database it provides a download for a webflash image. I just want to know if it's possible to use the webflash image to update from stock firmware to DD-WRT or if the webflash image is meant for upgrading a device that has an older version of DD-WRT installed.
digitaly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can please someone tell me if this guide also apply for model number EOC-5611P ? I'm getting desperate Sad
I have checked compatible hardware and bought 2 unit we also purchased the dd-wrt activation but still we cannot get the RedBoot prompt. could someone would please advice us?
bulldogbeau
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 22:11    Post subject: RESETTING IT VIA PUTTY CAN B DONE Reply with quote
Hi, you can rest it by putty the commands are similar to the DD-WRT flash, they were difficult to locate but I have them. Everywhere I looked they seems to have the details deleted.

After flashing if you have a problem with the IP hook it into the Internet and WiFi in. Use EnGenius Locator to find it and click on the IP setting button to change the IP. Then you can log in and flash again with a Engenius bin to confirm its working properly as I am unsure if my last commands I 100% correct. I did work though.

The only reason I had to figure this all out was because I flashed to the latest firmware and it went bad 3660 1.3.4.

The tried DD-DRT and considered the purchase but tried a little more and bingo is up and running again. without the USB cable hack.

I went from 1.0.37 to 1.2.4 and I am going to try the latest one again so fingers crossed. OMG it worked.
bulldogbeau
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
ip_address -l 192.168.1.1 -h 192.168.1.50

fis init -f

load -r -b %{FREEMEMLO} jffs2.ap51.bin
fis create256 -f 0xbfc30000 -l 0x2f0000 -e 0 rootfs

load -r -b %{FREEMEMLO} vmlinux.ap51.bin.l7
fis create256 -l 0xa0000 -f 0xbff20000 -e 0x80170040 -r 0x80041000 vmlinux.bin.l7

load -r -b %{FREEMEMLO} cfg.jffs2
fis create256 -l 0x20000 -f 0xbffc0000 -e 0 cfg

/*COMMENT - Between comments is not original, this is where I played to get it to stay fixed into the router, not sure if next commands is required, without it it works but the config is lost if power goes*/

fconfig boot_script true

fconfig boot_script_data
>>fis load -l vmlinux.bin.l7
>>exec

/*and back to the original set of commands I found somewhere*/

fis load -l vmlinux.bin.l7
go OR exec
nafoibot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 15:44    Post subject: Registration-Activation for DDWRT Reply with quote
After getting it loaded do we just buy another pro activation license to activate the engenuis before the time limit is up?
eoc2611p
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello, does anyone knows where i can get those "linux.bin" files from, or post them here for me? Thank you

I now have the .bin file for the 2610 and the last 2 versions for the 2611 in .img formats. The problem is that doesn't matter what i load on the AP, nothing will be displayed when i try to load the menu, just a white blank page.....
Hdale85
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will this method work for other Atheros based devices from this company? I have the ENS500EXT which uses an Atheros chipset as well.
RonK82
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi,

i've performed all the steps above on a EOC1650. after the flash it all looked fine. but cannot login into the web interface. it gives a 404 error on the setup.cgi. what can i do to resolve this ?
marcash
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
RedBoot> load -r -b 0x80041000 linux.bin
Using default protocol (TFTP)
TFTP timed out 1/15
Can't load 'linux.bin': operation timed out

and now?
tryed on engenius 3500
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Senao Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: