EOC-2610 -->>> Buffalo whr-hp-g54

deni691
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 15:47    Post subject: EOC-2610 -->>> Buffalo whr-hp-g54 Reply with quote
All,
Thanks for the help.

I am looking for a howto, to set up the eoc-2610 with a buffalo whr-hp-g54 for use as described. I would need an howto that describes how to set up each device.

I am putting the eoc-2610 on a rotatable mast on the top exterior of my motorhome and placing the buffalo on the inside. The main idea is to use the eoc-2610 to find wifi-signals and then transfer them by cat5 to the buffalo on the inside of the motorhome where the buffalo will be come the wireless access point for the users inside of the rv.

Any help or assistance in how to set up the devices is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Deni
Sponsor
malcolmchng
DD-WRT Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

1. Setup EOC-2610 as either Client Bridge or Client Router.

1a. If client Bridge, setup your Buffalo as Static IP on the WAN. Since the EOC-2610 defaults at 192.168.1.1, set Static IP of Buffalo WAN to 192.168.1.2. Make sure to indicate gateway as 192.168.1.1 on your buffalo. I assumed your Buffalo is set up as Router Mode and the LAN/wireless is not 192.168.1.* range and everything will work fine.

1b. If Client Router make sure to enable DHCP server on EOC-2610, setup your Buffalo as DHCP client and everything will do fine too. Also make the LAN/Wireless of the Buffalo does not fall in the 192.168.1.* range.

cheers
deni691
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 16:19    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote
Just the info I was looking for, Thanks. I will be setting it up as client/bridge and wireless. I will give it a try and report my success

Thanks again for the help
Deni
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Senao Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: