Linksys WRT160N v2 - supported in future?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 45, 46, 47  Next
TimR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 22:24    Post subject: WRT160N-v2 Reply with quote
I looked around, but couldn't find a non-v2 WRT160N, so I've got a WRT160N-v2 and will live with the stock firmware for now. I'd really like to switch to DD-WRT, and will be happy to help out in whatever way I can.
Sponsor
XFreeRollerX
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got a WRT160 V2 as well

I have means of donating cash towards devlopment to DRWRT for this router, PM me for interests Smile Ill be watching the site in hopes that it comes soon
caryopsis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah i hope it comes out soon too
anyone else having problems staying connected with the linksys firmware?

pppoe connection to be more exact
wifi too it seems

Last edited by caryopsis on Tue Jan 13, 2009 18:54; edited 1 time in total
prg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
caryopsis wrote:
Yeah i hope it comes out soon too
anyone else having problems staying connected with the linksys firmware?

yea, i am having problems with my wired connections i have set up. it's annoying... they just jump on and off. wireless connection doesn't seem to be as bad tho.

real annoying.

hope it goes ported soon! Very Happy
would love to try it out.
tipsy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 17:10    Post subject: Is it being worked on? Reply with quote
Does anyone know if some one from dd-wrt is working on it yet? If not, what can we do to get the ball rolling? Am I correct in assuming that it is the Ralink RT2880F that is the problem? If I am correct it would seem like getting it working on the v2 (or any other RT2880F) would help out a lot of other routers as the RT2880F looks to be getting popular.
Robidouxs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 18:35    Post subject: Possible answer on firmware Reply with quote
The link below connects with an airlink ar670w. One of the options to having the firmware developed quickly is to "donate" a router to the developers. I hope this helps.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32995&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
dotbody
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:54    Post subject: Will that help? Reply with quote
Looks like they raised the money for the airlink ar670w with the RT2880 chipset in that thread. Will that development really translate to dd-wrt on the wrt160n v2? If not, shall we start a fundraiser in this thread as well? Looks like we already have several willing to donate—myself included. Perhaps Sash could let us know (and perhaps after they look at the ar670w).
joshrivers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a new unit ready to send if I can get the address. If people want to chip in to cover postage and my replacement, that would be great.

Sash, can you PM me how to get a donated unit to you?
caryopsis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
joshrivers wrote:
I have a new unit ready to send if I can get the address. If people want to chip in to cover postage and my replacement, that would be great.

Sash, can you PM me how to get a donated unit to you?

When you send it
give tracking # and I will give you 15$CDN by paypal
firewall68
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:51    Post subject: brand new wrt160n 2 send Reply with quote
hello im new here but i also could send an brand new wrt160n to a developer 2 ´make a firmware 4 this router.

tell me what to do.

mike
firewall68
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
every hardware donation is welcome if you are considering that you will never get it back. you can get our address from the imprint on www.newmedia-net.de or dd-wrt.com itself.
since we can support RT2880 now, it should be not a big deal to create a firmware now

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 15:28    Post subject: 160N v2 Reply with quote
I just want to add my name to the list of folks willing to donate (paypal) for DD-WRT firmware for the 160N-v2. Can't seem to easily find 160N-v1 Linksys boxes anymore - need the new firmware.
Chrisbert
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
every hardware donation is welcome if you are considering that you will never get it back. you can get our address from the imprint on www.newmedia-net.de or dd-wrt.com itself.
since we can support RT2880 now, it should be not a big deal to create a firmware now

I was just thinking, maybe it's time for a board for Ralink based routers, the same way there's a board for Broadcom based hardware.
joshrivers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:58    Post subject: One on the way Reply with quote
I have sent one of my WRT160N V2s off to the developers. Fedex Tracking number 854685730503.

The router cost $75, and I'm paying $125 to ship it (wow, overseas with a tracking number is expensive!). I'm happy to donate the whole thing as a contribution to dd-wrt which has given me tons and tons of value, but if you'd like to chip in (and share the contribution love), PM me and I'll give you my paypal address.
jchandlerhall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 21:10    Post subject: will also chip in Reply with quote
Hi,

Another V2 wrt160N guy that is willing to chip in some money toward the porting/purchase effort.

Thanks, If you need the paypal funds and don't see my donation, pls email to chandler DOT hall AT gmail .... that is my main email account and I'll see it.

Thax
Chandler Hall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 45, 46, 47  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 47
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: