IPv6 & AAAA DynDNS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates
HobbesIE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:40    Post subject: IPv6 & AAAA DynDNS Reply with quote
Hi,

Brainslayer - would it be possible for IPv6 support ot be added to the next special, with web interface configuration? I'm anxious to get into using IPv6, both on the LAN side, and on the WAN side also if I could - as its the way we're going to connect in the future...

If I could make a suggestion: DynDNS AAAA updating for the Wan side, and maybe sixxs awareness might work well, and streamline the configuration for people?

What do you think?

Hobbes
Sponsor
HobbesIE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:59    Post subject: Further thought Reply with quote
Just brainstorming here Wink A further thought as well could be using Teredo to achieve IPv6 on the WAN side - there are open source implentations of this like http://www.remlab.net/miredo/
- this may assist people who want to use IPv6 but their ISP is yet to implement it...
olmari
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 16:09    Post subject: Re: Further thought Reply with quote
HobbesIE wrote:
Just brainstorming here Wink A further thought as well could be using Teredo to achieve IPv6 on the WAN side - there are open source implentations of this like http://www.remlab.net/miredo/
- this may assist people who want to use IPv6 but their ISP is yet to implement it...

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/IPv6
HobbesIE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for that Olmari, I saw it already...its certainly a very thoroughly well written article, but the command line can be quite intimidating to less technically adventurous users...which is why using the web interface might be better?

I was thinking earlier about the various ways the different configuration options could be presented to users - for example Radvd could be alongside DHCP (the logical separation could be IPv4 options along the left, IPv6 on the right), IPv4 WAN connections could be configured in the same left/right manner, keeping the existing drop down menu for IPv4, and maybe a combination of a drop down menu for IPv6 support, allowing the user choose tunnel options or Teredo etc.

Apart from my poor coding skills, I'd be enthusiastic about offering up time to help with this if I could - would this be something I could get involved with?

Hobbes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: