Connections lost or speed drops to 1Mbps - HP-G54

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Shohan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:32    Post subject: Connections lost or speed drops to 1Mbps - HP-G54 Reply with quote
I recently started have this problem with my Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 running v23 SP2 VPN. Basically, from my laptop or WRT54GS, which is bridged into the Buffalo, either will randomly lose connection to the HP-G54 or, as I've noticed on my laptop, the connection speed will be reported as 1Mbps.

I've searched the forums and Google trying to figure out what the issue is. I've not made any changes to the routers configuration and it's been working for nearly a year. I've used NetStumbler to see if they're are any other routers using the channel I was. I've updated wireless NIC drivers on the laptop.

I tried updating to v24, but when I've done this I don't see the save or cancel buttons in some of the configuration pages and had to use the TFTP flashing method because the web interface method wasn't working. I could select the file, but the Upgrade button wouldn't do anything. This occurred on the v24 VPN Generic, v24 VPN SVN 10923 NEWD, and SVN 10991 NEWD.

My Boardflags were set to 0x0758 so I believe that means that the receive amp was off as well as the BroadRange. I had the TX power increased to 40mW, but as I said I've been running like that for quite a while. It may be that the increased TX power burned something up over time I guess.

I've, also, tried different placement of the router. It was sitting between my LCD and one of my speakers. It was working fine in this location. Then I moved it next to my tower which didn't seem to help any. It was right next to my PSU at that point, however, so that may not have helped. And right now it's placed on top of my tower.

I'm at a loss on how to explain this issue or how to fix it. After the no button issue I had with v24 firmware I reflashed v23 SP2 VPN and reconfigured. I've got NetStumbler up to see if I can track/log if it goes in and out again.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this maybe a configuration issue or is the hardware failing on me? I tried to be as detailed as possible. I hope it helps and if there's something I've left out let me know.

Thanks.
Sponsor
mac913
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
All my WHR-HP-54 are using the onboard amp and extra sensitivity with board flags set to 0x2758 and since my router are about 30ft away, the TX Power is set to 8mW plus RX and TX antenna are set to right. All my routers are using the same firmware DD-WRT firmware version see below.

When I was using mix mode B/G, B devices would slow the G devices down to a crawl. Therefore I replace all B device with G and set my wireless to G-Only with faster connections.

For better ping times and to keep devices connected at all times, I set Beacon Interval from 100 to 30.

Off Site 1

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi & WireGuard - DDWRT r54517 Std
E3000 - Station Bridge - DDWRT r49626 Mega K4.4

Off Site 2

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi - DDWRT r54517 Std
E2000 - Wired ISP IPTV PVR Blocker - DDWRT r35531

YAMon 3.4.6 | DNSCrypt-Proxy V2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: