jtag wrt310n

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
digitlman wrote:
Ok, I will at the very least verify the parallel port is working.

you mentioned earlier that you get voltage at the pins, but no ohms..

how are you checking? With no power to the router, check each pin to ground. There should be no opens.. meaning, you should get an ohm reading.

What are you using for your ground connection? The ground pads are on the other side of the pcb.

using an unbuffered cable, you only need to connect to pin's (pads) 3,5,7,9 & a ground on the underside of the pcb.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware:

I think I see the problem - I the way I have it soldered, every pin on the second row is touching the ground pad on the other side of the board.

Do I need to stick something in between or otherwise remove contact?
digitlman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also,

I want to triple verify I have the header pins in the right spot. It's labelled JB1, and there are only 6 pins.

The other area is labelled JP3, and it has the 12 pin holes.

People keep saying my header is in the right spot, and then they keep referencing the pin holes 1-12, as if I should be using JP3.

Which is it?
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
digitlman wrote:
Also,

I want to triple verify I have the header pins in the right spot. It's labelled JB1, and there are only 6 pins.

The other area is labelled JP3, and it has the 12 pin holes.

People keep saying my header is in the right spot, and then they keep referencing the pin holes 1-12, as if I should be using JP3.

Which is it?

The "pads" (JB1) is the right connection to the processors jtag. The holes are also jtag but for the radio chip. You want JB1.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm going to de-solder, clean, and try again.

I ordered a good de-soldering bulb so it's going to be a few days.
Deacon Crusher
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:40    Post subject: another dead wrt310N Reply with quote
One of my 2 wrt310Ns bricked itself while I was doing a 30/30/30.

I've tested all of the options for trying to tftp a new firmware on to it and it is never allive enough to receive anything. I have the flashing power light.

So, figured it was time to go the jtag route. Been using dd-wrt for years and never had "to go there" before, and unfortunately so far not going well.

Got what looks like a decent jtag kit off of ebay (one shown in this thread earlier.)

Used this thread to make sure I soldered to the correct headers.

So, after all that I tried tjtag 3 on 2 different machines mine (win 7 x64 and has a pci add-on card parallel port) and my wifes (xp 32 with on the motherboard ltp1)

On both I get

Instruction Length set to 5

CPU Chip ID: 11111111111111111111111111111111 (FFFFFFFF)
*** Unknown or NO CPU Chip ID Detected ***

*** Possible Causes:
1) Device is not Connected.
2) Device is not Powered On.
3) Improper JTAG Cable.
4) Unrecognized CPU Chip ID.

I'm running probeonly with the noemw switch and I've tried the fc swith both 19 which is mentioned in this thread and after looking at the routers board it looks like it has one of these chips

/fc:101 ............. EON EN29LV320 2Mx16 BotB (4MB)
/fc:102 ............. EON EN29LV320 2Mx16 TopB (4MB)

No dice.

So, got out my multi-meter and if I set it to measure ohms and touch the - probe to one of the pins soldered to the back and the + probe to pins 3, 5, 7 or 9 (the important pins, correct?) I get a response.

2 potential bad signs.

If I touch pin 12 with the - probe that's the only pin on the back that in combo with front pins doesn't provide and ohm measurement. Is pin 12 not a ground?

Also, if I touch pins 3 and 5 or 3 and 7 I also get a response, does that mean I've got a short?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: