jtag wrt310n

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your wiring appears to be correct. Use an ohm meter from each pin to ground, and from pin to pin. Make sure you have no shorts. You will get a reading, but nothing should be zero ohms (except the ground pads..). Edge connectors are a bit challenging.

If that all checks out, force the flash chip with the /fc:xx. See where that goes for you.

I've run into this.. Never been able to figure it out but it happens from time to time. /fc:xx usually takes care of it (I assume no pin shorting was done).

You may want to dink around with the switches.. I am working on a G2 and unless I use a specific switch(s), the flash is not recognized. I need to use (on a G2) /noreset /bypass /nocwd..

Butt Razz forcing it with /fc:xx should take care of it.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
Your wiring appears to be correct. Use an ohm meter from each pin to ground, and from pin to pin. Make sure you have no shorts. You will get a reading, but nothing should be zero ohms (except the ground pads..). Edge connectors are a bit challenging.

If that all checks out, force the flash chip with the /fc:xx. See where that goes for you.

I've run into this.. Never been able to figure it out but it happens from time to time. /fc:xx usually takes care of it (I assume no pin shorting was done).

You may want to dink around with the switches.. I am working on a G2 and unless I use a specific switch(s), the flash is not recognized. I need to use (on a G2) /noreset /bypass /nocwd..

Butt Razz forcing it with /fc:xx should take care of it.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I did not do the pin short technique and I just got done double checking the resistances from pin to pin and pin to ground. Everything checks out ok (bottom pins grounded, top not). I will try the FC command but I need to research it first. If you know off hand the command to input I would appreciate that, if not I will let you know how it goes after I figure it out.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
1st... Use Tornado's V3 of jtag. Just run the utility with no parameters, then a help screen pops up along with the flash chip fc's.

Find your chip in the help screen. It tells you what fc to use.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
My apologies, I should have been more clear. My chip is not in the list. I assume the Hynix chip on top is the volatile memory and the Samsung on the bottom is the flash memory (K8P3215UQB).
Here is a picture of the Hynix chip.

Here is a picture of the Samsung on the bottom.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes.. The samsung appears to be the flash chip. You can tell by the dots.. Looking at the supported chips in the newest tjag utility, k8b isn't in the list. k8d is.

Send Tornado a pm & link this thread.. You may be a pioneer! Butt Razz .. There may be an fc you can use that would be compatable.. I however, have no idea..

That's why Tornado makes the "big bucks" Razz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for your help. I posted in the topic for the tjtag3rc1. I will wait and see if I get a reply before I bother Tornado with a PM.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
fearreality wrote:
Thank you for your help. I posted in the topic for the tjtag3rc1. I will wait and see if I get a reply before I bother Tornado with a PM.

That's probably a better idea.. Nice pics BTW..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
fearreality wrote:

That's probably a better idea.. Nice pics BTW..

Thanks I love my phone. Razz
I went ahead and updated the other thread with my successful results. I tried the other Samsung chip settings and it worked great. http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=309054#309054
Miguelpe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:54    Post subject: debricking WRT310N with Jtag cable! Reply with quote
hello, I already soldered 12 pins in the wrt310n board router as I`ve been told, when I run tjag214.exe -probeonly it seems like recognize a broadcom BCM4785, but my router has a broadcom BCM4705 which is not in the list of supported chips by the jtag214.exe.. but then it seems like stop working the jtag.exe (hang up), what can I do? anybody can help me please? I need to debrick my expensive WRT310N which I just updated a wrong firmware from Linksys!

wrt3120n-2.jpg
 Description:
this is the backside in order to see how I soldered pins in the back of the router board!
 Filesize:  344.66 KB
 Viewed:  20538 Time(s)

wrt3120n-2.jpg

wrt310n-1.jpg
 Description:
this is the front side,anyone knows which one is the chip?
 Filesize:  269.62 KB
 Viewed:  20538 Time(s)

wrt310n-1.jpg

HardReset
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
you need to add a switch.. probably /noemw assuming it sticks at "enabling memory writes" I wouldn't worry too much about the 4785 vs. 4705 processor.

tjtagv2 -probeonly /noemw

If you router got messed up by loading the wrong firmware, all yo need to do is erase nvram & kernel.

DO NOT ERASE CFE or WHOLEFLASH.

Once you get that done, now just tftp the stock linksys firmware on the box. Upgrade to dd-wrt from the linksys gui.

One other thing.. Redhawk0 posted the fc:xx to use for the flashchip a couple of weeks ago.

Search for wrt310 thread authored by redhawk0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try using tjtag v3

If the flash is not recognize try the /fc:
tjtagv3 -erase:nvram /fc:18
tjtagv3 -erase:kernel /fc:18

tjtagv3.zip
 Description:
Tjtag V3

Download
 Filename:  tjtagv3.zip
 Filesize:  16.61 KB
 Downloaded:  1184 Time(s)

Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I believe 4705/4785 are identical chips with different names?
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
I believe 4705/4785 are identical chips with different names?

That is probably why HR said not to worry about it Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
BCM4705 is a 4785 chip...they are one in the same....just like the old BCM4702 is the same as 4710. It's just recognition codes of the chip.

I posted pics of how to JTAG also (linked in wiki) I bent my JTAG connector at a right angle (facing down) and cut an access slot in the bottom of the router case.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54817

I used the /fc:19 switch for flash recognition when I JTAG'd my unit.

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
I bent my JTAG connector at a right angle (facing down) and cut an access slot in the bottom of the router case.

redhawk

Case mods to you don't have to take it apart for jtag'ing?

That Beez a "Ho" Razz

Navigation

Jump to: