WRT54GS v5 DD-WRT problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Silver Bullet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 20:42    Post subject: WRT54GS v5 DD-WRT problem Reply with quote
This is the first time that I have ran into a problem with this firmware wanted to see if I could get some input. I flashed my bro-n-laws wrt54gs v5 with the dd-wrt firmware and now his wireless signal strength is less than it was with the VxWorks firmware. I tried boosting the signal strength within the dd-wrt firmware but to no avail.

I had flashed my WRT54G v5 with the DD-WRT firmware and did not have this problem nor did I have this problem on my WRT54GL.

Has anyone else seen a loss in Wireless Signal Strength after flashing the WRT54GS v5 with the dd-wrt firmware? If so, is there a recommended corrective action?
Sponsor
Ihasn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:30    Post subject: Re: WRT54GS v5 DD-WRT problem Reply with quote
Silver Bullet wrote:
This is the first time that I have ran into a problem with this firmware wanted to see if I could get some input. I flashed my bro-n-laws wrt54gs v5 with the dd-wrt firmware and now his wireless signal strength is less than it was with the VxWorks firmware. I tried boosting the signal strength within the dd-wrt firmware but to no avail.

I had flashed my WRT54G v5 with the DD-WRT firmware and did not have this problem nor did I have this problem on my WRT54GL.

Has anyone else seen a loss in Wireless Signal Strength after flashing the WRT54GS v5 with the dd-wrt firmware? If so, is there a recommended corrective action?

I have, just a little bit though...i think thats because the default for the linux firmware is 32mV where as the default for DD-WRT is 28mV....i think thats correct. Anyways when you changed the Xmit Power level did it restart/did you restart it? I dont think it will kick in till you restart the box.
Silver Bullet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
It did reboot and I also manually rebooted.

Is anyone using the 09/09 firmware?
peter_m2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you experimented with UPnP? Is it working?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: