WRT54GS v5.1 100mbit WAN dont work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dpstudio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 13:27    Post subject: WRT54GS v5.1 100mbit WAN dont work Reply with quote
Hi i got a WRT54GS v5.1 and a 100mbit internet connection.
and the problem is that i cant reach over 10mbit WAN whit lan cable or wireless.
but in LAN i get 100mbit on cabel, 40mbit on wireless

when full speed on wan the cpu stays at 100% but on LAN the cpu stay at 50%

i am using Firmware: DD-WRT v23 SP2 (09/06/06) micro and have try sp1 to.
same thing
do anyone know what the problem is?
Sponsor
rkramer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
first of all, i won't make any rude comments about you having a 100 meg connection and I'm stuck at a fraction of that... Cool

anyway, if you want to utilize that 100 meg connection to its fullest, toss the wrt hardware out the window. Even under absolute best case, you are only going to get to 30 megs or so with a single computer. Add in multiple computers and p2p traffic and that will drop. if you want to keep it turn off everything you don't need. (especially QOS at that speed!)

otherwise, dump a bucket full of money on cisco or find an old computer in the 500+ mhz range with 2 gigabit cards and put ipcop or smoothwall on it. (your connection would be 100 meg, but run gig on the lan side if possible)
dpstudio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
rkramer wrote:
first of all, i won't make any rude comments about you having a 100 meg connection and I'm stuck at a fraction of that... Cool

anyway, if you want to utilize that 100 meg connection to its fullest, toss the wrt hardware out the window. Even under absolute best case, you are only going to get to 30 megs or so with a single computer. Add in multiple computers and p2p traffic and that will drop. if you want to keep it turn off everything you don't need. (especially QOS at that speed!)

otherwise, dump a bucket full of money on cisco or find an old computer in the 500+ mhz range with 2 gigabit cards and put ipcop or smoothwall on it. (your connection would be 100 meg, but run gig on the lan side if possible)

Hi,before with my old router,dlink624 my download 4mb/s upload 6mb/s and maximum i reach steady d:6mb/s u:8mb/s and that was with torrent.But that router drop my wlan connection every 3 hours and my voip phone drop all the time.And before i change to dd-wrt it was kind of the same as with the dlink.So i think it has something to do with the dd-wrt. or????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: