Problems in bridge

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates
juancho
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 13:01    Post subject: Problems in bridge Reply with quote
AP-client with router that it works as dhcp (Main) goes perfect the way to me bridge since I obtain IP of Main router in my PC. But I associate he himself AP-client to a AP this does not obtain IP to me. the design is more or less this

DSL--->ROUTER(DHCP)--->SWITCH---> AP(no DHCP)---->CLIENT-BRIDGE----> X PC no obtain IP

but work in this form

DSL---->ROUTER(dhcp)--->CLIENT-BRIDGE--->PC Obtain IP

I nedd that work in the first form, is possible?
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
not possible. you didnt enable dhcp on the ap, so the client behind the bridge does not receive any ip. the ap provides the dhcp server for your pc behind your bridge. so its your missconfiguration. enable dhcp on the ap and it will work. or use standard client and provide dhcp on the client itself.
personally i think wds is better for bridging, but in this case you need to enable dhcp too

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
And if I redirect dhcp in AP? I remember that tapeworm a server ipcop and activated dhcp in this. really memory that worked to obtain IP in way bridge…
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
if you use dhcp forward it might not work at all since the client bridge masquerades the mac addresses. i already had troubles with it. with wds it will work. with client bridge it might be a problem. but this is not a problem i could solve. this is a 802.11 protocol problem. i know maybe a solution. but as i said "maybe"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
It hears brain. . i Think that the problem was in which service DHCP not it tapeworm in LAN/Wireless. now if another question works…, I were looking for via ssh in router the configuration file of the DHCP to place the option, deny unknown client, but I did not find the file. since I can do it? … thanks Greetings!
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
all config files are stored in /tmp. per default dhcp is done by dnsmasq so you must edit /tmp/dnsmasq.conf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
thus it was left dnsmasq after it to have changed. poque is something badly there does not work the change. .te I place as I left it so that please you say to me like deberia to go the option

interface=br0
resolv-file=/tmp/resolv.dnsmasq
leasefile-ro
dhcp-script=/etc/lease_update.sh
dhcp-lease-max=55
dhcp-option=3,192.168.1.1
dhcp-authoritative
dhcp-range=192.168.1.100,192.168.1.149,255.255.255.0,1440m
dhcp-option=deny unknown-clients

thanks
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: