Linksys WRT54G2 now supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
eboybalong
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 0:27    Post subject: wrt54g2 - v24 upgrade Reply with quote
i tried tftp to flash original firmware so i can upgrade to v24. but the problem is, the router can not reboot. the power led is flashing, no matter how many times i manually powercycle the router.
can anyone help me? thanks
Sponsor
nokia3310e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:59    Post subject: Re: Need some help please! Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
ledhed2222 wrote:
I used the web interface to get Prep on the router, but I can't get Killer to take using TFTP.

I've tried like a million times and I'm hitting update on the first ping....what can I do?

Ah...so you didn't follow the instructions on page one.

You were to use the tftp program with password to flash the prep file....not the web interface.

At this point...I would try reloading the prep file...otherwise...JTAG might be your only option to get the unit updated. We can get you a CFE.BIN file for the unit if need be....send me a PM and I'll edit in your MAC address (tell me what it is). Then you can JTAG it back on.

redhawk

Well, despite not having a revert file I decided to try to flash my WRT54G2 at the weekend. I too was having trouble TFTPing the Prep file to the device so I used the web interface to upload this since I read further up in this thread that Prep could be uploaded this way (and not Killer) see here from page 2 of this thread:

eko wrote:
jmh9072 wrote:

Is flashing via the web interface not an option with this device?

Well, Prep takes, but Killer not (for now)

Weel, this is the work-around I discovered. Login to the linksys and set the password to be empty (no characters at all). Save and exit the router. Then you can uses command line tftp without password

Or try this tool: http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/tornado/Linux_Linksys_Tftp/linksys-tftp.tar.bz2

Now I am in a position like ledhed2222 where I can ping the device but cannot TFTP anything to it (for me the first pings occur about 20 seconds after power is applied, is this the correct time to TFTP?) I have tried numerous times and it seems that as soon as the first pings occur (I have a command line window continuously pinging the device) and I try to TFTP, the pings stop responding and the TFTP times out without transferring anything.

I would guess that JTAG is necessary for me to get this working? (I built one at the weekend to revive my WBRG54 so that's no problem). If this is the case could you PM me a CFE.bin please redhawk0?, I first need to discover the MAC address.

Also redhawk0, regarding your photo of your WRT54G2 ( http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12053&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=26 ) are the pins (from top to bottom) TRST, TDI, TDO, TMS, TCK, RESET and all the pins on the underside are GND?

Thanks in advance!
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:58    Post subject: Re: Need some help please! Reply with quote
nokia3310e wrote:

Also redhawk0, regarding your photo of your WRT54G2 ( http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12053&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=26 ) are the pins (from top to bottom) TRST, TDI, TDO, TMS, TCK, RESET and all the pins on the underside are GND?

Thanks in advance!

Yes...this is the pin order....underside are all ground...including pin 12 on this unit.

If you need a CFE for this unit...I need your MAC address...its on the sticker on the bottom of the case.

Send it to me as a PM and I'll get it back to you tonight...I am traveling to a job during the day today.

redhawk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 14:27    Post subject: WRT54G2 Reply with quote
Can I use the Special version of dd-wrt with this router? Has anyone tried it?
http://www.dd-wrt.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=31

Thanks!
TyHill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, with DD-WRT on this router it can limit the bittorrent during peak hours? Problem I have is I cant play anything on Xbox live during peak hours and im pretty sure its because of bittorrent.
Shawn360
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 20:38    Post subject: Re: Need some help please! Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
nokia3310e wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Yes...this is the pin order....underside are all ground...including pin 12 on this unit.

If you need a CFE for this unit...I need your MAC address...its on the sticker on the bottom of the case.

Send it to me as a PM and I'll get it back to you tonight...I am traveling to a job during the day today.

redhawk

What program do you use to edit the mac in the cfe?
G2v1 unit is not recognized by tjtagv2 or tjtagv22 as you stated before.
He will have to get a special version with BCM5354 rev3 processor recognition from Tornado.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use these switches with tjtagv2...no special version needed.

/skipdetect /instrlen:08 /noreset

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I recently migrated to the DD-WRT firmware and have really, really liked it. Previously, this router couldn't handle BitTorrent traffic and what not without slowing everything else to a crawl, while DD-WRT handles it gracefully. However, my maximum throughput seems to be around 3.5mb/sec, which is a problem because my internet here goes up to 7mb/sec both ways, as does access to the campus-wide network I am on. What could be going wrong?
codester3388
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
So is the WPS button on this router basically dead now since DD-WRT is on it? Could it be used like the Cisco button was used on the earlier WRT models?
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
codester3388 wrote:
So is the WPS button on this router basically dead now since DD-WRT is on it? Could it be used like the Cisco button was used on the earlier WRT models?

Its only function with dd-wrt is to turn on/off the radio (programmable in the Services>>Services tab)

redhawk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
soulstace wrote:
If you ask Eko kindly, maybe if he has some free time he could make a micro+ version with PPTP server.

Of course adding PPTP would require some things be stripped out, so be very clear on what you need.

Oh well, as codester3388 pointed out, there is not enough memory in the device to run anything else but micro... So I guess I will give up the idea. I've taken the device home and brought my nice old WRT54G ver.2 to the office where I need PPTP.

Thanks for your replies and comments, everyone!
train
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi this is my first post on this forum I hope I do it correctly.
I have my WRT54G2 set to router with static IPs for LAN and WAN. All setting are saved except the gateway for the WAN. When I try to save it the gateway defaults back to 0.0.0.0 is there a command I can run to set the gateway IP? If so please give me the complete comand I can follow instructions but I don't know much about Linux.
Thanks in advace for you help. You guys are doing an impressive job.
Thanks again.
soulstace
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
haltenberg wrote:
Oh well, as codester3388 pointed out, there is not enough memory in the device to run anything else but micro...

That still doesn't change what I said. Eko can make custom micro builds with basically whatever he wants in there... This G2 unit has an extra 128K of flash space which can go a long way believe it or not..

train wrote:
is there a command I can run to set the gateway IP? If so please give me the complete comand I can follow instructions but I don't know much about Linux.

You can set the gateway from telnet

nvram set wan_gateway="12.34.56.78"
nvram commit

For more info, see Gateway value is illegal
train
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi soulstace,
Thank you very much for you help I greatly appricate it. It worked great.
soulstace
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome Wink
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 76, 77, 78  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 78
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: