Linksys WRT54G2 now supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Doramius
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Normally, the micro does not handle PPTP. I don't know about the plus version. Do a search. If not, I don't know what to say.
Sponsor
lockng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:54    Post subject: WRT54G2 Reply with quote
Hi guys
Can you show me how to download the prep & killer .bin files for WRT54G2

Thank you
Doramius
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
just follow the directions as stated in Eko's first post.

If you go back to the dd-wrt.com main page, follow the instructions that are posted: downloads -> others -> eko -> WRT54G2V1 Flashing

Good luck.
Doramius
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
@jmh - I didn't quite get a chance to test out the .bin file, like I promised I would. I got involved with a project with my WRT54G-TM.

http://dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=40464

Turned out great, but I will get back on the WRT54G2 and let you know as soon as I can. Sorry about the delay.
soulstace
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:52    Post subject: Re: PPTP Reply with quote
haltenberg wrote:
If it cannot do PPTP, I don't need it... Please advise!

If you're trying to run a PPTP server, dd-wrt micro doesn't support it. It does support PPTP WAN connection however.
haltenberg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 16:21    Post subject: Re: PPTP Reply with quote
soulstace wrote:
haltenberg wrote:

If you're trying to run a PPTP server, dd-wrt micro doesn't support it. It does support PPTP WAN connection however.

So, is there any way to have a non-micro firmware for WRT54G2? I need a PPTP server to access the internal network from the outside...
jmh9072
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Doramius wrote:
@jmh - I didn't quite get a chance to test out the .bin file, like I promised I would. I got involved with a project with my WRT54G-TM.

http://dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=40464

Turned out great, but I will get back on the WRT54G2 and let you know as soon as I can. Sorry about the delay.

It's no problem. That SD mod looks really sweet!

Se7en is Darker...
codester3388
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 0:26    Post subject: Re: PPTP Reply with quote
haltenberg wrote:
soulstace wrote:
haltenberg wrote:

So, is there any way to have a non-micro firmware for WRT54G2? I need a PPTP server to access the internal network from the outside...

There isn't enough memory on the V2 to run anything other than the micro version.
soulstace
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you ask Eko kindly, maybe if he has some free time he could make a micro+ version with PPTP server.

Of course adding PPTP would require some things be stripped out, so be very clear on what you need.
Solarmax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for this port to the WRT54G2! I thought I was going to have to throw this router away because of the poor connectivity. Now, I've got it running great with WDS to a WRT54G V8. Perfect install instructions. Thanks again.
ledhed2222
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 22:17    Post subject: Need some help please! Reply with quote
I used the web interface to get Prep on the router, but I can't get Killer to take using TFTP.

I've tried like a million times and I'm hitting update on the first ping....what can I do?
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 22:36    Post subject: Re: Need some help please! Reply with quote
ledhed2222 wrote:
I used the web interface to get Prep on the router, but I can't get Killer to take using TFTP.

I've tried like a million times and I'm hitting update on the first ping....what can I do?

Ah...so you didn't follow the instructions on page one.

You were to use the tftp program with password to flash the prep file....not the web interface.

At this point...I would try reloading the prep file...otherwise...JTAG might be your only option to get the unit updated. We can get you a CFE.BIN file for the unit if need be....send me a PM and I'll edit in your MAC address (tell me what it is). Then you can JTAG it back on.

redhawk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply redhawk.

I tried using TFTP for prep but that also wouldn't take....I thought that the web interface was kosher for prep. Sorry I messed up!

I'm a serious noob...what's JTAG?

Thanks.

Last edited by ledhed2222 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 20:52; edited 1 time in total
mattjdohm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi

I can't for the life of me find VxWorksPrep-G2V1 and VxWorksPrep-G2V1prep. Where the heck are these?
mattjdohm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
mattjdohm wrote:
hi

I can't for the life of me find VxWorksPrep-G2V1 and VxWorksPrep-G2V1prep. Where the heck are these?

Ugh NM found it
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 76, 77, 78  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 78
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: