Linksys WRT54G2 now supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
low351
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 18:45    Post subject: PPTP drops in native WRT54G2 v1 1.0.0.1 firmware Reply with quote
I scanned all 21 pages of this thread and couldn't find a mention of it.

Does this firmware solve the native firmware issue were pptp connections are dropped every 2-3 mins?

I don't need the pptp server capacity mentioned here.

u-men seems to imply that wan pptp works but I just want to confirm that it doesn't experience the dropoffs.

Also I'm supposing there is still no way to revert back to factory original other than JTAG right?

Thanks,

Greg.
Sponsor
avalanche
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 20:47    Post subject: Re: Partial Bricked WRT54G2 V1?? Reply with quote
Harley wrote:
I got as far as uploading prep, then my power and wireless light died. I power cycled (and now reset) the unit many times. The 2 lights are still out.

I had exactly the same problem this evening...
I was able to ping, returned packets TTL=100
Tried to reflash the prep and the killer, no success, just able to ping, no web gui, no lights except the LAN prt used...
Tried to reflash the firmware build 11522 as mentioned in the router database several times. This also without success, then downloaded the latest micro plus + sshd and flash that also via the tftp tool.

That worked the first time
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn11536/dd-wrt.v24-11536_NEWD_micro-plus_ssh.bin

1 x ASUS WL500g Deluxe (DD-WRT)
2 x ASUS WL500g Premium (DD-WRT)
1 x Linksys WRT 350N v2 (OpenWRT Backfire 10.03)
Harley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 23:46    Post subject: WOW Reply with quote
Avalanche, you saved my a$$, thanks brother.
The micro worked. My 54g2 is BACK BABY!
Thanks again man, MUCH appreciated
Harley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 0:17    Post subject: Now to add Reply with quote
My plan to take over the world (or at least my little piece of it) now involve using my hacked WRT54G V8 as my main router/wireless transmitter, connected to my main computer. I want to use the G2 in the theater room connected to the Audio receiver (internet radio and shared music files). the distance is too great to run wire.
Anyone tried this before?
wrt brick
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
The prep upload went fine.
The killer upload went half way then seemed to lose communication, and now the power light is blinking which I believe means corrupt firmware. Continued attempts only get failed messages. The port 1 light is still lit. Was I supposed to use a crossover cable? This is my first experiment with flashing something. (Still learning.)

Do I have a new paperweight? Sad
Harley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:44    Post subject: Hell no, Reply with quote
Read back a bit, its the same thing that happened to me. Follow what Avalanche suggested, worked for me
wrt brick
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:18    Post subject: Time for the BFH! Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply Harley. I tried the 30 second reset and tried to reload the linksys firmware according to their instructions. The tftp utility still continues to fail to communicate. I checked and rechecked the static ip, cables, powering......I give up. Im going to the garage to get my BFH. Maybe it will work better when it is in a hundred pieces. Evil or Very Mad
jmh9072
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:20    Post subject: Re: Time for the BFH! Reply with quote
wrt brick wrote:
Thanks for the reply Harley. I tried the 30 second reset and tried to reload the linksys firmware according to their instructions. The tftp utility still continues to fail to communicate. I checked and rechecked the static ip, cables, powering......I give up. Im going to the garage to get my BFH. Maybe it will work better when it is in a hundred pieces. Evil or Very Mad

When all else fails, JTAG. You should be able to recover the router quite easily.

You can get a cable off of ebay pretty cheap if you don't want to build one yourself.

Se7en is Darker...
wrt brick
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks jmh9072. I will read up on JTAG and give it a try. Checked out ebay, found a cable. Might even try building one. I built a cable for a CVS camcorder hack and it worked great so I might be able to do this one. I'm glad I read your reply before I went to the garage. Laughing
Harley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 15:02    Post subject: Re: Time for the BFH! Reply with quote
wrt brick wrote:

I had to do the 30/30/30 reset a few times, then ping the unit. when I got a response, I flashed it.
If you cant ping it after a full reset, I guess jtag is the way
Low-WRT
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 16:08    Post subject: Re: Now to add Reply with quote
Harley wrote:
My plan to take over the world (or at least my little piece of it) now involve using my hacked WRT54G V8 as my main router/wireless transmitter, connected to my main computer. I want to use the G2 in the theater room connected to the Audio receiver (internet radio and shared music files). the distance is too great to run wire.
Anyone tried this before?

Are you planning on trying to connect your g2 directly to your receiver, or is there going to be a computer in their somewhere? Assuming a computer, put the g2 in wds mode, or client bridge, or repeater mode, etc...
Harley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was hoping to connect it directly to the receiver, simply to join the existing network broadcasted by the WRT54g V8 hooked to my main desktop
phecksel
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for those fantastic instructions. It was by far the easiest upgrade I've done yet.

Will the micro version run as a bridged repeater? What's in the "plus" version that's not in the std micro version?

Thanks again for the great write up
Low-WRT
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Harley wrote:
I was hoping to connect it directly to the receiver, simply to join the existing network broadcasted by the WRT54g V8 hooked to my main desktop

I haven't bought a receiver in over 10 years...Do they have ethernet plugs now?
crhossen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:28    Post subject: IPv6? Reply with quote
Does anyone know if there is a dd-wrt firmware that has ipv6 support and works on the WRT54G2?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 76, 77, 78  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 22 of 78
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: