Linksys WRT54G2 now supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
soulstace
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
k1ll1nt1m3 wrote:
What is the difference between NEWD_micro and NEWD_micro-plus?

Micro-plus is only for routers having 2MB flash AND 128K CFE

Read:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Micro-plus
Sponsor
djtacho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 21:02    Post subject: where are the files? Reply with quote
Hello, where can I find the filles needed for the flash procedure? Thank you for your answer.
soulstace
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 21:07    Post subject: Re: Linksys WRT54G2 now supported Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
Get it here: downloads -> othere -> eko -> WRT54G2V1 Flashing
Assman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
If wrt54g2 has 8mb of ram, why can't you put other version than micro? Sorry for the noob question but this is my first dd-wrt installing experience.
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Assman wrote:
If wrt54g2 has 8mb of ram, why can't you put other version than micro? Sorry for the noob question but this is my first dd-wrt installing experience.

Firmware is in ROM (flash chip) not in RAM (working memory). This router has 2MB flash and 16 MB RAM.
sasha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 13:51    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote
Just registered to say thanks.

I got this router few days ago and I hated it. With default firmware I could not set static DHCP leases, xbox live and skype connections would get laggy or broken when there is some bitorrent activity and router was not capable of forwarding DNS lookups when query type was specified (dig -tmx domain.com @router_ip).

DD-WRT firmware rocks and it is all great now Smile
mexmarv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 20:24    Post subject: OrangLight after Prep Reply with quote
Hi,

Could not TFTP to 192.168.1.1 with static IP of 192.168.1.10...on Vista...but wasable to HTTP. Tried uploading via web interfase PREP....and the switch rebooted with orange light on....can't acces via tftp but can ping...any ideas? Have done DDWRT on other linksys with no problem, know G2 is new recently, but do not know if I bricked or if prep is in corectly, anyhow...tftp does not work...answer..any ideas?

Thanks!
Eko

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 21:09    Post subject: Re: OrangLight after Prep Reply with quote
mexmarv wrote:
Hi,

Could not TFTP to 192.168.1.1 with static IP of 192.168.1.10...on Vista...but wasable to HTTP. Tried uploading via web interfase PREP....and the switch rebooted with orange light on....can't acces via tftp but can ping...any ideas? Have done DDWRT on other linksys with no problem, know G2 is new recently, but do not know if I bricked or if prep is in corectly, anyhow...tftp does not work...answer..any ideas?

Thanks!

Yes, Prep can be uploaded via GUI, but not killer. It needs to be tftp with password, that's why you need this Linksys's tftp tool. Ping with ttl=64 means that Prep took.
baudm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been able to successfully flash my G2 router yesterday and it's been working great ever since. Thanks!

However, there seems to be an issue with the Access Restrictions. Client (the ones in the IP list) connections are stuck with a SYN_SENT status and proceed no further when all higher numbered ports (TCP & UDP/TCP only 1024 - 65535) are blocked (I'm trying to block BitTorrent traffic). Clients can still ping google.com and other hosts, however, browser connections end with a network timeout error. The same is true for Yahoo! Messenger connections. DNS also works but most other protocols using TCP (that I've tested) doesn't.

I don't know if this is an issue with the SP2 pre-release or is specific with the G2 micro-plus build.
soulstace
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your problem is unrelated to the model of router and this thread.

Ports above 1023 are still used for incoming connections, even if you are just browsing the net over HTTP. That's why you never see SYN/ACK back (except for things like DNS which use low numbered ports)
jahobson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 17:17    Post subject: WRT54G2 Reply with quote
I appreciate your diligent efforts. One question for the group is will this resource challenged model support the "plus" code?
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 17:27    Post subject: Re: WRT54G2 Reply with quote
jahobson wrote:
I appreciate your diligent efforts. One question for the group is will this resource challenged model support the "plus" code?

Yes I am running micro+ on mine...it already has a 128K CFE so no further updates are needed.

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for your hard work on getting these devices supported.

I successfully flashed 2x WRT54G2 V1 routers with DD-WRT v24-sp2 Micro SVN 10709M Newd Eko(10/30/08).

Both are running well in Repeater Bridge mode, with 3 other WRT54G V6 routers running DD-WRT v24-sp1 Micro SVN 10012(07/27/08).

All routers are secured using WPA2 Personal / AES.

Thanks,
Andy
RykinX
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for this, works a charm!

yeah, what's the difference bet micro and micro plus?
only thing i noticed atm is that ls works!
Eko

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
RykinX wrote:
thanks for this, works a charm!

yeah, what's the difference bet micro and micro plus?
only thing i noticed atm is that ls works!

Micro+ has "full" Busysbox, like mini build.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 76, 77, 78  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 78
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: