Linksys WRT54G2 now supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
mandrake5
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 22:34    Post subject: WRT54g2 WPA2 Reply with quote
Im havin' some issues with a WRT54G2 in client mode. My firmware version is DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/30/08) micro - build 10709M NEWD Eko. My router obtains the IP address via dhcp from a fritzbox router. Everything works fine (as well as the WPA connection) but I cannot manage to connect via WPA2. It is enables in the router settings and other clients can successfully connect to the router in this mode. Anyone having the same issues or knows how to fix it?
Sponsor
zolookas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is WRT54G2-EE model the same as WRT54G2?
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
zolookas wrote:

My suspicion is that it's the same. EE is probably European Edition.

All references to it on the web seem to be from Poland.

If you have one...open it up...post a picture of the mobo. We can at least compare hardware....firmware might not be in English but a European language...which one?????

redhawk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys,

Thanks for the firmware it installed with a breeze. However I am getting worse long distance wireless speeds then with the factory Linksys firmware.

The router currently sits in my room and my iMac is 2 floors down in the basement. With the factory firmware I was able to stream media like video, music etc wirelessly no problem from down there to my Xbox 360. Now it is slow, intermittent and unreliable. I have tried a few settings from Google searches.

Here is what I have for the settings.

Network Mode: G-Only
Channel: 11
Broadcast SSID: Disabled
Network Config: Bridged
ACK Timing: 2000
Security Mode: WEP
CTS Protection Mode: Off
Frame Burst: Off
TX Power: 70

Everything else is in factory settings. Any help is greatly appreciated as this is very annoying!.
u-men
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
hashaam83 wrote:
Got the WRT54G2v1 2 days before and flashed it with the micro-plus version successfully and found out micro-plus does not have PPTP client.
hashaam83

But you can install Micro(not micro-plus) version (11296) where WAN PPTP-client works stable! I am use it with DHCP.
zolookas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
zolookas wrote:

My suspicion is that it's the same. EE is probably European Edition.

All references to it on the web seem to be from Poland.

If you have one...open it up...post a picture of the mobo. We can at least compare hardware....firmware might not be in English but a European language...which one?????

redhawk

I don't have it, but i am looking for a cheap router with wifi which is dd-wrt capable. I am in Europe (in Lithuania, next to Poland) so it could be an European Edition. I have never seen any device sold here which does not have English language, so it must not be an exception.
naghicalin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
For those who tries to revert the firmware to original one...You might try this :
1.Press reset button while router is connected. Hold it for 30 seconds.
2.Unplug power cable while you still hold the reset button. Hold reset for another 30 seconds while the router does not have the power cable.
3.Plug in the power cable while you still hold the reset button. Hold the reset button for another 30 seconds.
4.Now if you will go to http://192.168.1.1/ you will see an firmware upgrade screen. Upgrade with the original firmware version from linksys website.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
naghicalin wrote:
For those who tries to revert the firmware to original one...You might try this :
2.Unplug power cable while you still hold the reset button. Hold reset for another 30 seconds while the router does not have the power cable.
3.Plug in the power cable while you still hold the reset button. Hold the reset button for another 30 seconds.
4.Now if you will go to http://192.168.1.1/ you will see an firmware upgrade screen. Upgrade with the original firmware version from linksys website.

It won't work...the original firmware ran on vxworks....when the unit is updated for dd-wrt the boot section is now linux....they are not compatible.

You MUST put vxworks boot section back on first.

DO NOT TRY THE ABOVE.

The only way to revert currently is with JTAG and the generic-wholeflash.bin that I posted above.

redhawk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 20:03    Post subject: osx Reply with quote
noob question. can i update with osx? i updated my old router (WRT54G) with my macbook.
naghicalin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="redhawk0"][quote="naghicalin"]For those who tries to revert the firmware to original one...You might try this :
4.Now if you will go to http://192.168.1.1/ you will see an firmware upgrade screen. Upgrade with the original firmware version from linksys website.[/quote]

It won't work...the original firmware ran on vxworks....when the unit is updated for dd-wrt the boot section is now linux....they are not compatible.

You MUST put vxworks boot section back on first.

DO NOT TRY THE ABOVE.

The only way to revert currently is with JTAG and the generic-wholeflash.bin that I posted above.

redhawk[/quote]

I think I have less knowledge than you so I guess I'm wrong Smile. And I haven't try that...
e1086
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any one else have problems connecting to home ftp servers with this router. I have a personal FTP set up that works just fine with my POS netgear, and then I bought this router and ftp quit working so I put dd-wrt on it and it still does not work. I know the ftp is set up correctly since it works on my LAN but I can't get to it from the internet.
anonymous123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 17:40    Post subject: WORKS Reply with quote
WORKS LIKE A CHARM TNX EKO
u-men
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 19:59    Post subject: PPTP and WAN IP, issues (WRT54G2) Reply with quote
Hi, All
I have some issues with working PPTP(v24-11296_NEWD_micro). Static IP on WAN and Internet through PPTP.

It works while does not reboot router. After reboot at attempt to reconnect PPTP, the router for some reason sets address on vlan1 which was on ppp0. As result there is not connectivity. When through the web-interface I set and apply WAN IP again (it save always after the second attempt only) - PPTP begins works. But after restart have these problems again. When through telnet set the same (ifconfig vlan1 <WAN IP> netmask 255.255.255.0 gw <Wan_gw>), old ppp0 IP address sets on vlan1 after 10 seconds automatically (even when WAN cable is power-off, may be the router takes it from cache) Shocked . By this way I cannot fix it

What is the problem in?
bakab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
so I was able to upgrade the prep file, but couldn't get the killer file.

Now I can't get to the Linksys GUI (192.168.1.1), can't upgrade the killer file. I've tried 30/30/30, no good.

Is my router bricked?
franxav79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:05    Post subject: Re: Linksys WRT54G2 now supported Reply with quote
Hi,

I have bought a wrt54g2, I was checking the download files, i want to know what is the correct file in order to upgrade the firstime, micro or micro-plus, any additional SP recomeded for wrt54g2 ??

Tks in advance

Saludos
Xavier
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 76, 77, 78  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 18 of 78
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: