Linksys WRT54G2 now supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Shawn360
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
FireDragoonX wrote:
Shawn360 wrote:
Get the newer builds the higher svn the newer.
WRT54GSv1 jtag cable might work to fix that router.

Okay thank you.

Yea, I was thinking about trying to fix it, but thought it would be easier and cheaper (JTAG cable cost, time spent repairing, etc) to just buy a new router.
You can make a jtag cable or buy a jtag cable Linksys on ebay about $10.00 a new router cost much more than that as for time 30 minutes or less and using a jtag cable is easy.
Linksys WRT54GS V1.0 router is a pretty good router 32MB memory 8MB flash can run DD-WRT mega external antennas, a lot of these new routers can't touch that.
Sponsor
patrickho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:19    Post subject: Urgent: Cannot connect to the WAN after install dd-wrt Reply with quote
Hi, I have installed DD-WRT by following the procedures. However my WRT54G2 cannot get an IP from the WAN after loading the 10709 or the latest firmware (WAN IP: 0.0.0.0). My ISP is using DHCP. I have tried the following, but fail:

1. Tried both 10709 (Micro) and the latest firmware (Micro plus)
2. Tried 30/30/30 reset
3. Tried MAC Address Clone by copying the Mac address shown on the WRT54G2 (but I don't think my ISP in will restrict the MAC)
4. Reset the ISP Modem

I can login to the Web GUI, and do all the config. However the WAN IP keep showing 0.0.0.0 even I force it to renew the IP.

1. Anyone can help?
2. Can I re-do all the procedure again (e.g. killer)? If yes, what is the procedure?
3. If no solution, how can I fallback and make it work again (procedure pls).

Thanks a lot!
Shawn360
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:30    Post subject: Re: Urgent: Cannot connect to the WAN after install dd-wrt Reply with quote
patrickho wrote:
Hi, I have installed DD-WRT by following the procedures. However my WRT54G2 cannot get an IP from the WAN after loading the 10709 or the latest firmware (WAN IP: 0.0.0.0). My ISP is using DHCP. I have tried the following, but fail:

2. Tried 30/30/30 reset
3. Tried MAC Address Clone by copying the Mac address shown on the WRT54G2 (but I don't think my ISP in will restrict the MAC)
4. Reset the ISP Modem

I can login to the Web GUI, and do all the config. However the WAN IP keep showing 0.0.0.0 even I force it to renew the IP.

1. Anyone can help?
2. Can I re-do all the procedure again (e.g. killer)? If yes, what is the procedure?

Thanks a lot!

Make sure your wires are connected to the correct ports.

30/30/30 hard reset before and after each upgrade.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30

Upgrade to this newer build of DD-WRT
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn10991/dd-wrt.v24-10991_NEWD_micro.bin
patrickho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:35    Post subject: Re: Urgent: Cannot connect to the WAN after install dd-wrt Reply with quote
Shawn360 wrote:
patrickho wrote:

2. Tried 30/30/30 reset
4. Reset the ISP Modem

1. Anyone can help?

Thanks a lot!

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn10991/dd-wrt.v24-10991_NEWD_micro.bin

I did tried both. More information:
1. The Internet Light is on the WRT54G2
2. No connection problem before the changing to DD-WRT
3. I have upgrade to the 10991_NEWD_micro_plus, still can't get the IP from ISP.
Shawn360
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:54    Post subject: Re: Urgent: Cannot connect to the WAN after install dd-wrt Reply with quote
patrickho wrote:
Shawn360 wrote:
patrickho wrote:

2. Tried 30/30/30 reset
4. Reset the ISP Modem

1. Anyone can help?

Thanks a lot!

3. I have upgrade to the 10991_NEWD_micro_plus, still can't get the IP from ISP.

Is your computer set to obtain an ip address automatically?

Also try powering off everything and turning back on modem, computer router.
patrickho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:26    Post subject: Re: Urgent: Cannot connect to the WAN after install dd-wrt Reply with quote
Shawn360 wrote:
patrickho wrote:
Shawn360 wrote:
patrickho wrote:

2. Tried 30/30/30 reset
4. Reset the ISP Modem

1. Anyone can help?

Thanks a lot!

Is your computer set to obtain an ip address automatically?

Also try powering off everything and turning back on modem, computer router.

My PC is set to obtain an ip address automatically. And the Router is set to "DHCP" (same as the setting I did on the Linksys GUI), but the Router still can't get the IP from WAN (Then Internet Light keep flashing). This problem happens after I use DD-WRT. I am sure there is no problem in the ISP Modem, as the connection is fine before upgrade, and I can connect to the Internet if I plug the Ethernet Cable directly to the modem (from PC).

Is it possible to fallback, and make my router work again!
jstnryan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:37    Post subject: Re: Urgent: Cannot connect to the WAN after install dd-wrt Reply with quote
patrickho wrote:

My PC is set to obtain an ip address automatically. And the Router is set to "DHCP" (same as the setting I did on the Linksys GUI), but the Router still can't get the IP from WAN (Then Internet Light keep flashing). This problem happens after I use DD-WRT. I am sure there is no problem in the ISP Modem, as the connection is fine before upgrade, and I can connect to the Internet if I plug the Ethernet Cable directly to the modem (from PC).

This may be an obvious statement (especially for my first post on this board), but you have to Clone the MAC address of your PC, not the router.

The reason your Internet connection works when you hook the PC up directly to the modem, is because the modem is seeing your PC's MAC. It doesn't work when it sees any other MAC. This is a common "security" feature cable ISPs use to make sure you only use one PC to access the Internet, so they can charge you for a more expensive plan if you want to hook up more.
patrickho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:29    Post subject: Re: Urgent: Cannot connect to the WAN after install dd-wrt Reply with quote
jstnryan wrote:
patrickho wrote:

This may be an obvious statement (especially for my first post on this board), but you have to Clone the MAC address of your PC, not the router.

The reason your Internet connection works when you hook the PC up directly to the modem, is because the modem is seeing your PC's MAC. It doesn't work when it sees any other MAC. This is a common "security" feature cable ISPs use to make sure you only use one PC to access the Internet, so they can charge you for a more expensive plan if you want to hook up more.

Thanks and let me try again tonight. But seems those ISP in Hong Kong havn't set this limitation, since the router work fine (without MAC Clone) before changing to DD-WRT. In addition, my ISP modem works fine when I directly plug my PC or MacBook to it (different MAC Address).
patrickho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 13:55    Post subject: Re: Urgent: Cannot connect to the WAN after install dd-wrt Reply with quote
jstnryan wrote:
patrickho wrote:

Tried. Doesn't work. More interesting is......the status show the route keep receiving packets (XX M), but zero M in sending. Any clude?

Any method to find out the problems, like whether the WAN port is dead. Or any way to re-install DD-WRT. I am very green to this, hopes the expert here can provide a step by step procedure. Thanks!
patrickho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 14:31    Post subject: Re: Urgent: Cannot connect to the WAN after install dd-wrt Reply with quote
patrickho wrote:
jstnryan wrote:
patrickho wrote:

Tried. Doesn't work. More interesting is......the status show the route keep receiving packets (XX M), but zero M in sending. Any clude?

Any method to find out the problems, like whether the WAN port is dead. Or any way to re-install DD-WRT. I am very green to this, hopes the expert here can provide a step by step procedure. Thanks!

Update:

It can get the IP if I connect to private IP Network (The Orange light will light-up on the modem - the middle one). But can't get the IP from ISP modem with public IP (No light). I haven't tried on other public IP network yet.

Another thing is the Traffic shows: Incoming (566 MBytes)and Outgoing (0 MBytes). Any hints from this?
patrickho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 14:40    Post subject: Re: Urgent: Cannot connect to the WAN after install dd-wrt Reply with quote
patrickho wrote:
patrickho wrote:
jstnryan wrote:
patrickho wrote:

Update:

It can get the IP if I connect to private IP Network (The Orange light will light-up on the modem - the middle one). But can't get the IP from ISP modem with public IP (No light). I haven't tried on other public IP network yet.

Another thing is the Traffic shows: Incoming (566 MBytes)and Outgoing (0 MBytes). Any hints from this?

Tested on PPPoE, working fine.
For the DHCP, no idea why it is not working to my ISP's modem. I give-up finally.
dixonleong
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 21:11    Post subject: Re: assistance needed Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
Julio wrote:
Hi,

I've had a problem with the firmware upgrade of the WRT54G2v1. I followed exactly the proceedment and in the end when I browsed to 192.168.1.1 it got into a page that says

Management Mode
Firmware Upgrade

So I load again the .bin file. The browser unsuccesfully tried to connect to http://192.168.1.1/index.tri

What do I have to do to solve this problem? I tried several times to configurate it, but I always got the same result.

Thanks

P.D. I attached the page browsed

If you are getting a Management screen...the unit did not take your killer file. Reload the killer file...then tftp the firmware.

redhawk

I also facing the same prob, after tftp the prep file, when i want to tftp the killer file, cannot connect to server , can't even ping
after several time of reset router, now can ping, but cant tftp, only got the management page

pls help and advice me ......is my router spoilt ??
dixonleong
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
i tried to load the killer , each tme i reset the router, after got the first ping reply, i hit upgrade but not successfull

Eventhought got continous reply from 192.168.1.1 , but tftp error unable get response from server
ChadOhman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
No luck connecting to the router via tftp to upload the prep file. Followed the directions to a T, but it wouldn't get a response. Tried using the firmware updater in the router (I know, bad idea), and I killed the router, no ping, nothing, so I did a 30/30/30 reset and got the management mode, uploaded the killer, and it would fail, so I reuploaded the original firmware and reloaded my settings and backed away slowly. Embarassed Laughing

What was I doing wrong with the tftp?
dixonleong
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
no luck in trying to upload the killer, at the end just upload back linksys original firmware from management mode page
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 76, 77, 78  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 15 of 78
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: