dd-control - java gui to reconnect, toggle radio, see stats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Contributions Upload
CaScAdE
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:37    Post subject: dd-control - java gui to reconnect, toggle radio, see stats Reply with quote
dd-control is a simple quick and dirty GUI to controll some of the dd-wrt features and watch status of the device.

I just started it because needed something to practice java again and i got a lot PMs regarding my old batch-file-reconnect-stuff so i made something easier to use and less windows-addicted.

There are two different ways of using it:
having a reconnect.txt in the same directory
this will just run the app with no gui at all and send the command given by the reconnect.txt to your device and closing afterwards
typical for one-click-reconnect and stuff like it

having NO reconnect.txt in the same directory
will spawn the gui and let you see stuff like on the screenshots.
this includes polling of uptime/connection uptime/memory/traffic/load
sending commands (the checkbox enables the response window, if there is any response)

Using the tray-icon you can send the command that is entered in the command-box, hide/show the application panel, enable and disable wlan-radio and shut down the application.

How it works?
Well... It somehow sends post requests to your router, so you will have to enable webinterface, does not need to run at port 80 but since now only plain http works, no ssl, sorry.

How to use it?
Install java and click on the .jar file. Or try
java -jar dd-control-v0.XX.jar

Known issues?
- a lot Smile
- somehow no error handling, lazy i am...

Sourcecode
dd-control-v0.05-src.zip
Note: This is no good Java Code, but I started learning Java while writing it. I have been asked to publish the source, so here you are, play with it, enhance it and improve it.

Download
dd-control-v0.04.zip

Screenshots

(old place: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=217733#217733 )

Webcam Kiel
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Contributions Upload All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: