CFE compressors available for some neutered Linksys units

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
chrfrost
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Donny wrote:
chrfrost wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
redhawk0 wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
I've now sorted out the MAC addresses, used scp and mtd to flash it, and rebooted. All seems well.

Many thanks!

What CFE did you change to make this work on a GS v5.1 unit....does your unit see all 16M of RAM.

redhawk

I used the one contained in WRT54GS_v5.0_v5.1_v6.0_init_sdram_128_cfe.zip, and yes it does show all 16MB of RAM; typing in free shows about 13.5+ MB.

Hope this is useful information.

Does this mean that the micro plus edition works for the wrt54gs v5.1?

NO!

Thanks for the reply.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this also means that SSH cannot be run as a daemon on it. So I was wondering if it is possible to compile Dropbear (or the like) to the unit and then manually execute it. Or does it require some external libraries?
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
chrfrost wrote:
Donny wrote:
chrfrost wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
redhawk0 wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
I've now sorted out the MAC addresses, used scp and mtd to flash it, and rebooted. All seems well.

Many thanks!

What CFE did you change to make this work on a GS v5.1 unit....does your unit see all 16M of RAM.

redhawk

I used the one contained in WRT54GS_v5.0_v5.1_v6.0_init_sdram_128_cfe.zip, and yes it does show all 16MB of RAM; typing in free shows about 13.5+ MB.

NO!

Thanks for the reply.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this also means that SSH cannot be run as a daemon on it. So I was wondering if it is possible to compile Dropbear (or the like) to the unit and then manually execute it. Or does it require some external libraries?

There is a way to compress the cfe on a gs v6.. Read this thread starting on page 8 or so..

Summary:

Use the compressor for a G v5 ~ 6
load a micro plus build that has ssh (micro + ssh)
winscp the GS v5 ~ v6 cfe to the router & telnet to flash it. Don't forget to edit the cfe with your macs.

It is risky.. know what you are doing before you do it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
chrfrost wrote:
Donny wrote:
chrfrost wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
redhawk0 wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:

Many thanks!

redhawk

NO!

Thanks for the reply.

There is a way to compress the cfe on a gs v6.. Read this thread starting on page 8 or so..

Summary:

Use the compressor for a G v5 ~ 6
load a micro plus build that has ssh (micro + ssh)
winscp the GS v5 ~ v6 cfe to the router & telnet to flash it. Don't forget to edit the cfe with your macs.

It is risky.. know what you are doing before you do it.

I know it's risky to experiment w/ wrt54gs v6 flashing it w/ micro + ssh. Reading & trying to understand everything what's in the forum makes me more confused. Is there a way that can this be explained step by step for a novice like me & where I can the find the needed files (links)? Thanks everybody.
tejeskifly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, i am noob for this theme, but i want flash my wtr54g v5 router.

I already have ddwrt v23 on my router.

Now i try download, the micro+, but the link in readme file don't work.

Anyone can give me a working link pls?

I need upgrate to v24, befor is want install micro+?

What is better in micro+?

What i need, and the micro dont have, the vpn. Micro plus have vpn?

In micro i have many features, what i don't need, anyone who can make custom fw, can delete the unusable features, and include vpn? Or it is not possible?

Sorry for my english...
swi3tlik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
WRT54GS v7.2

Updated successfully with no problems.
Everything's work fine

Cheers.
p.chi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I see this thread is old, but I'm trying to ask the same question user : tejeskifly asked but got no response.

I am trying to flash my linksys WRT54G v8.2 router.
I'm able to download all necessary files except the Micro Plus. I'm following this thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=36185 and when I go to download Micro plus I get a 404 Not Found error.
I've tried reading all I can regarding the WRT54G v8.2 and looked through EKO's file index: http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/ but cannot locate the files at all. Can anyone help me locate them.

Thank you

I was browsing the eko file index and found the file in the obsolete folder. Is this OK to use?
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24-TNG_OBSOLETE/svn10431

Last edited by p.chi on Thu Sep 05, 2013 16:42; edited 1 time in total
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
p.chi wrote:
I see this thread is old, but I'm trying to ask the same question user : tejeskifly asked but got no response.

I am trying to flash my linksys WRT54G v8.2 router.
I'm able to download all necessary files except the Micro Plus. I'm following this thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=36185 and when I go to download Micro plus I get a 404 Not Found error.
I've tried reading all I can regarding the WRT54G v8.2 and looked through EKO's file index: http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/ but cannot locate the files at all. Can anyone help me locate them.

Thank you

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FV24_TNG%2F

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FV24_TNG%2F

Thank you BARRYWARE but thats the index I've looked in and the svn10431 folder is not there.
I was browsing the eko file index and found the file name required by the readme in the obsolete folder. Is this OK to use? or should I be using a newer not-obsolete one?
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24-TNG_OBSOLETE/svn10431
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
you can use a newer build..

12548 was / is a rock solid build for the legacy routers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having trouble accessing any of the CFE compiliations and was hoping to get some advice. specifically I am looking for either a CFE compressor or a compressed 128k CFE for a linksys WRT54g V8.0

help please?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
New path to cfe updater is here:

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/tornado/CFE_Updater/

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
johnnyNobody999
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
toolman667 wrote:

EDIT: Actually, I got it working... apparently the directions for MACOS/Linux people are different... tftp does not use binary mode by default, even if there is a "bin" file supplied. So after setting my tftp with the following commands:
Code:
tftp 192.168.1.1
binary
rexmt 1
timeout 60
trace
tftp> put file.bin

Looks like atftp is a better choice since everything can be placed on the cli at one time so you'll only need to press enter. Otherwise, unless you're a very fast touchtypist, you may not get the binary file sent in time. It would also greatly help if you set up the interface to connect as soon as the link becomes available. Both of my suggestions are time savers and are more likely to improve flashing success. The attached image shows the settings (Automatically connect....) from network manager in Ubuntu. Sure helped me a lot.
johnlo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 23:26    Post subject: compressor working on GS 7.2 Reply with quote
This is a WRT54GS v7.2. (Goodwill, $4.99)

I first used vxworkskillerGSv7-v3.bin to install dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin.

Then I used the compressor which worked perfectly. I upgraded using the Web interface to CFE_Updater-Gv8.X-comp.bin.

After waiting the full 3 mins, I used tftp.exe to uploaded the latest available eko build dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD_micro-plus_ssh.bin Surprised If there are problems, I'll try downgrade to 12548.

I saved my cfe.bin, and it is 128k.

Initial testing is working fine.

This is old news, but I'm happy to see it all works. Very Happy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 Display posts from previous:    Page 13 of 13
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: