WRT54G-TM NON-JTAG CFE-Updater

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
audibiturbo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 0:14    Post subject: Re: Upgrade WRT54G-TM from build 9526 to build 14896 Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
audibiturbo wrote:
barryware wrote:
audibiturbo wrote:
Hi, I can't find a process described for updating from one dd-wrt build to another for the wrt54g-tm. the device currently has the 9526 build. the database has a build from 2010, 14896, but there is no cfe updater also shown for that build. can you do a more simple update from one dd-wrt to another or does one have to follow the steps used to put the original build, 9526, onto the wrt54g-tm? and if so, can one use the cfe from the 13064 build since there isn't one shown with the 14896 build? thanks, jon

The CFE updater needs only to run once to get the router from stock to accept a dd-wrt build. After that, all upgrades / updates are done through the dd-wrt upgrade gui. There is no need to run the cfe updater (again) to flash a new(er) build.

I can suggest build 15962, or 19342. Both are rock solid on the TM (I still us my TM as my main router / gateway). 19342 is the last build that the SD Card mod worked and the build I have been running for 4+ years.

barryware, thanks for the update information. That will make updating so much more simple. The DD-WRT router database doesn't show build 19342 under WRT54G-TM, only 13864 and 14896. Can you give me a pointer to the appropriate 19342 so I don't make a mistake? Again thanks, jon

Here is the std_generic: http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2012/06-08-12-r19342/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin

It took me 20 minutes to find, then figure out how to link the build. One of the reasons I am not very active the last year or two. Nothing should be this difficult.

Thanks for all of the time and attention. I used the "mega" build rather than the "std" one, but everything went fine and the router is back up with build 19342! I hope this info helps someone else out in the future. Jon
Sponsor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 Display posts from previous:    Page 21 of 21
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: